Officer Freeman

Two more months and I'm out of here. Dr. Quinn said my progress has been great and he told me about his interest with my situation. At first I felt like his test subject but he's helping me and I'm helping him in a way.

He never dealt with someone like me but he 'figured' out what's making me so hostile. I was still stuck on the fact that someone so close to me killed my daughter, who was blood, and the closest thing to me.

He went into description on how I'm scared that the same thing might happen again with Tiffany and our child if we decide to have any. I started controlling my anger and the doctor even tested me by bringing Tiffany up in some terrible scenarios. 

I started off hostile and at one point I broke down when she wasn't there. I didn't know what to do and I ended up destroying the lounge area but I learn to just hold it in until I got around her. That's the only problem the doctor is having problems with. He didn't document my breakdown for the judge which I'm very grateful for.

When I have my breakdowns, I don't want to do what I did to the lounge again so I just wait until I either get on the phone with Tiffany or see her in person. Thanksgiving and Christmas was spent here and it kind of suck but I was still able to spend it with Tiffany and Ashly too.

"Baby, did you hear me?" Tiffany mumble through the phone. "I'm sorry, what's up?" I mumble ready to go to bed. "Uh-uh. What's wrong?" She ask tapping away on her laptop. 

Is she at work? Yes. Didn't I tell her that I could wait until tonight? Yes. Did she listen? Hell no! "It's nothing, baby," I mumble then let out a small yawn. "I know you're tired but there is something else going on," she voiced lowly then started talking to someone else.

"Less than a month baby, then you coming home with me," she hum excitedly while I frown and rub my neck. "It's not two months?" I ask making her snicker and call my name. "You was in prison since January and been there for nine months. It's February, papi," she giggle while I let out a low laugh and shake my head.

I remembered last month we celebrated her birthday and I made sure to give her something that would end her birthday off with a bang. She been making me pull out since she been off the birth control and I told her that she need to start bringing condoms or something because my pull out game is getting weaker with how she throw her ass back on me.

"You remember last month for your birthday-" I started only for her to gasp and immediately start stumbling over her words. "Shut up, I was about to throw all precaution out the window and let you do it," she whine while I smirk and rub my chin. 

"You're so cute," I thought to myself only for her to mumble a cute 'thank you'. "So when you get here, what are you going to do first?" She ask making me smile and rub my chin. 

Get a job.

Yeah, I need to get a job as soon as I get out of here. "I'ma get a job, baby. I'ma get my life back like I use to have it but I'ma have you in it," I truthfully informed her because I'm going to make this shit work.

She let out a small 'awn' which made me smile and shake my head. "I got to take care of you some how," I added in. She sucked her teeth then let out a groan. "Quinton Hakeem Frost." She called out which made me sit up straight. 

"Hold on now. What you calling my government name for?" I laugh man spreading my legs. "Because, I told you this a thousand times that you don't need to do all of that," she tried to scold me. 

Whenever she call out my middle name, I know she mean some business and I'm in some deep shit. As much as I can win a fight with her, I'm still scared to fight her strong ass and that's my woman which means I'm not going to put these paws on her unless we're play fighting or she's actually wanted it. Wink. Wink.

"And I told you that I was going to take care of you. No ands, ifs, or buts," I sharply said while licking my lips. She let out a whine while I wait for her to say what she usually say when she see that I'm putting my foot down.

She continued to whine and complain but I sat back and wait for it. "Okay, papi. Damn," she grumble while I smile in triumph. "Thank you. Stubborn ass," I mumble while she let out a giggle and muffle under her breath, "aggressive ass."

This woman, I swear! "I will see you later, baby. I'm about to go take a nap or something," I huff getting ready to get up. "Okay. I love you," she hum.

"I love you too, beautiful," I chuckle then hung up. 

Since I've been an experiment for Dr. Quinn, I get to take naps since all of his testing are emotionally draining. "Goodnight, baby," I mumble getting comfortable in my blankets.

My eyes slowly opened once I realized I didn't say goodnight to Layla. I know it's not night now but still. I never not said goodnight to my princess... I sat up and grabbed her picture then stared at it. "Daddy didn't get to say goodnight one last time, but now I have to. Goodnight, princess. Until I see you again," I whisper kissing her picture then folded it up and placed it on my desk.

I laid back down and went to sleep with one important thing on my mind.

'I did this for myself too.'