Chapter IV: Intentions

Today was the day! I'm going to tell Officer Freeman that I have some type of connection with her. I'ma make sure to at least show her that I want to fuck with her. Jesus! I'm sounding like I'm in a gang. 

I never curse this many times. This place is really changing me... My hygiene and my empty stomach was taken care of so I was ready to see what I had to clean today. Probably the hallways and walls. 

Those don't take as long as that big ass room that I clean every time they use it. "Let's go, Frost!" Partee shout making me sigh and go to the wall. "Come on, we don't have to do all of that," she said putting the cuffs around my wrist. 

"Why? I'm a murderer," I commented as we walked to the closet. "You're not a murderer. You killed a man that killed your daughter. I would have kept him alive and tortured him if my baby was killed," she mumble as I signed my name. 

"That's the only reason I regret killing him. I should have tortured him as long as I grieved over my daughter. I wasn't going to be the only one hurting," I mumble pulling out the floor polisher.

She let out a hum then allowed me to get to work. "Where is Officer Freeman?" I ask plugging it up. "She had to handle something with another inmate. She said she will see you for your class," she said then walked off. 

I nodded my head then got busy. I need to make sure to freshen up. I'll just wash my body up in my cell. I got to smell good for her because she know she always smell good whenever I'm around her.

The floors was being polished since D got sent to 'the hole' as everyone calls it. It's really just isolation which I would actually like for a day but they go in there for at least a month or more. Some of the women came back crazy!

The walls and floors look good as new after I finished with it. I even had enough time to get some of the doors just to take up time. "All done, Officer Partee," I mumble putting it away then signed it off. 

She signed her signature to let them know she saw me put it back. "Alright, you can spend the rest of your time in my office," she said as I held my wrists out. I look up to her to see her put them on me loosely. 

I tightened myself, in case she accidently put them on me like that. I went in her office then took a seat like I would with Officer Freeman. Her door closed then she sat behind her desk. "How has it been?" She ask making me look up and smile. 

"Eh, I believe the prison is changing me. I started cursing more which I'm not use to because my daughter use to scold me for saying such a bad word. She even made me put money in the swear jar," I laugh slouching in my chair. 

"If you don't mind me asking, what was her name?" She ask making me look at her and scratch my eyebrow. "It should be in my folder, right?" I ask which made her frown. "No disrespect. I'm just asking," I quickly added while sitting up straight. 

She leaned back in her chair as if she is trying to study me. "Well yes, but I haven't look into your folder. I never had a reason to," she smile then wrote on her clipboard. "But Officer Freeman is your bestfriend. She had to tell you about at least one of my breakdowns since I've been here," I laugh crossing my legs in a manly way.

"She spoke on having an interest in you, but she kept all your mental functions a secret from me. That's why I'm always trying to figure you out. How did you know she's my best friend?" She ask tapping her pen against her desk.

I made a gesture with my hands then smiled. "It's the way you two greet each other with the nicknames. I'm going to guess that your name is Ashly and hers is Tiffany from the obvious nickname you two have for each other. You two also wear that cute necklace under your uniform," I said watching her look down then fix it.