Chapter XX: Baby Shower

Work, work, work. That's all I've been doing today and attending meetings. For some reason, Mr. Hinges has been having me attend his meetings and do some of his owner business. I feel like one of his assistants instead of his employee. 

This man made me get him a cup of coffee at one point and if he ask me to do one more thing that he suppose to do, I might end up losing it. "Mr. Hinges would like to see you, Mr. Frost," I hear after a knock on my door. 

Speaking of the fucking devil. 

I took a deep breath then saved my information that he had me to work on. I left my office then walked right to his office. "Come in Frost!" He shout allowing me to walk in and close the door behind him. 

He looks a little sick but that's not my business to poke around his personal life. "You wanted to see me?" I asked then saw him point to the seat across from him. "Before you ask me to do anything, I need to get something off my chest and by any means don't take this personal," I started which made him sit back and take a sip from his glass.

"There needs to be a boundary between us. You're my boss and I understand attending the meetings as the Co-CEO, but doing your work and making me fetch you a cup of coffee is crossing the line. I'm asking for there to be a boundary for the business," I finally released.

He stood up with an cold expression but I stood my ground. If I get fired, then oh well. I'm tired of this treatment and me doing his work and mine tires me out. "Well, that went perfectly. I've been waiting for you to break out of that shell, son," he chuckle holding his hand out for me to shake.

I shook it with so much confusion. "Look, I'm getting sick and I have no one to take care of this business once I die. I trust you over these past six months," he started as I froze knowing where this is going. "Are you going to ask me what I think you're going to ask me?" I ask trying to seem as nonchalant as possible. 

"A cup of coffee?" He smile while I blinked a couple of times then let out a chuckle. "I'm joking. Yes, I'm going to ask you to own the company as I prepare to departure this place. Prostate cancer is making me too weak," he chuckle as I frown and nod my head. I moved in discomfort from thinking about having that cancer. 

I'm going to get checked.

"How long? What about therapy?" I ask frantically, knowing this is going to affect me terribly. "It spread to the bone so no chemotherapy. Don't worry though. I've been preparing myself for this," he chuckle then look at my worried expression.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder then walked out of his office. "You will be perfect to run the business. I've never seen the sales be so high. I will get on my knees and beg you to run it," he said all the while we're walking to the elevator.

"Absolutely! I will take great care of the company," I smile shaking his hand as soon as the doors open, showing my seven month pregnant wife. "Hey," she smile glancing down to our hands.

I checked my watch and see its around lunch time. "We can talk more about it after your lunch break. Mrs. Frost," he smile tilting his head. Tiffany immediately began to blush while I smile in pride.

"Well, you heard him. Let's go, Mrs. Frost," I chirped getting on the elevator then pressed the button to the lunch room. The doors closed and lips were immediately pressed against mine. "I like how you call me Mrs. Frost," she mumble as I leaned down and slid my tongue into her mouth. 

I pulled away right before the doors open, letting us get off. "You will be a Mrs. Frost soon," I mumble against her temple then went to the salad bar. She has me hooked on this salad she made from here. "Oh, is that orange chicken?" She ask going over to the the amazing chicken while I finish my food.