032

Evening came by quickly, Neil and Ryan found each other walking side by side towards the coffee shop which was around the corner near the hotel, Ryan had insisted that they should walk since it wasn't so far from where they were. They had been stealing glances time to time since they started their walk and every time their eyes connect they give eachother small smiles and then look away like they are shy. Neil can't believe how much he feels hot inside just by being with Ryan at this minute. They haven't said anything just walking in a comfortable silence, the air wasn't awkward at all, it was amazing being like this.

Neil had been seeing Ryan for the past month in secret not showing his face to the human but seeing him this close made him to see how beautiful and handsome Ryan is, how his brown eyes were dazzling. He was used to see nothing but anger in them but now they held something Neil couldn't put a finger on it but most especially they were happy like the first time he saw him.

Unfortunately, the walk was cut short when they arrived at the coffee shop.

They entered sitting at the back near the window and thank God the cafe wasn't crowded like always. They sat on the opposite side of each other after pulling off their jackets placing them at the back of the chair. The waiter graced them with her appearance asking them the type of coffee they want. Neil ordered iced coffee with extra sugar and Ryan ordered cappuccino with cookies. When the waiter walked away they both stayed quiet, reliving the silence. Ryan was bitting his lips so hard he knew they might draw some blood, his heart beating loudly in his chest in nervousness as he smiled at Neil.

"How.../ Um" they both said at the same time laughing lowly "you go first" Ryan said with a smile.

"How have you been!" Neil asked chewing on the inside of his mouth.

"Have been fine thank you for asking" Ryan replied "what about you, I have not seen you around for a month" Ryan asked his smile not Wavering at all.

"I'm fine, have been busy but I have been around, going to the pack and back...." to see you being happy with that man. Nail wanted to add but bit his tongue stopping himself.

"Have you been avoiding me!" Ryan put it right there. If Neil had been here in Buma and Ryan works in the left wing where Neil normally stays and to say that Ryan had taken a single glance at the man he would be lying. That's why Ryan thinks that Neil had been avoiding him.

"No, why would I avoid you" Neil chuckled nervously.

"Rumours had been going around that you are around but I have never seen you" Ryan said, that's when the waiter brought their coffee placing the cups in front of them with a smile. She asked if they needed anything else and they both nodded no.

"I thought you never wanted to see me and I wanted to give you space" Neil ached his eyebrows at Ryan as he sipped on his steaming coffee.

"Don't tell me we can't be friends" Ryan rolled his eyes sighing. Neil looked away feeling his heart break, this hurts but he has to keep it in. He doesn't want to be just friends with Ryan, he wants his mate to love him like the way he loves him. Though Neil swallowed the bitterness down his throat giving Ryan a small smile.

"Of course we can" he said happily hiding the disappointed behind his cup. Ryan nodded biting on his cookie. He wanted to hide how disappointed he felt deep inside his heart. He had Neil confessing his love to jade earlier that day so he thought Neil will refuse being friends with him or better yet court him like jade had suggested but he thought wrong. Yes he had heard almost the whole conversation. Ryan was surprised that they both didn't smell him on the door. Ryan didn't want to eavesdrop but when he was about to knock he heard his name being mentioned in the conversation so he decided to hear what was being said and what jade said made him angry.