BRUTAL

◜                                                           ◝

❝ 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏
𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎?

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

𝐒𝐘𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐒

Kyla Carrera was Kiara Carrera's older sister. They were about a year apart, but their relationship was much more distant than that. While Kiara was out being a Pogue and hanging out with JJ Maybank, John B Routledge, and Pope Heyward... Kyla was busy being a Kook as she hung out with Rafe Cameron, Sarah Cameron, Tara Thornton, and Topper Thornton. Kyla was known to be the most perfect Kook Princess since she was dating Rafe Cameron, Kook heartthrob, and seemed to do everything, just, perfectly. She got good grades, she had a good job, and everyone just seemed to love her, which surprised her since she tended to be a bit insecure.

Kiara lived in Kyla's shadow, which was why their parents thought that Kiara always acted out — to get more attention from them and everyone else. The Carrera sisters used to get along, but once Kyla started to get more and more popular, and Kiara was left in the dust, their relationship had gotten strained. However, Kiara wasn't the only one that felt like she was in Kyla's shadow. Tara Thornton, Topper Thornton's twin sister, felt the same exact way, even though she never openly said anything to voice her opinion.

Tara wanted everything Kyla had. Tara wanted her boyfriend, her job, her perfect grades, her reputation — everything! But they were best friends, so she couldn't be jealous of her, right?

Wrong.

Tara was also jealous about the fact that Kyla seemed to be closer to the other Kook Princess, Sarah Cameron. Even though the girls mostly did everything together, Tara couldn't help but feel that Sarah liked Kyla more and she thought, who wouldn't? Tara was also extremely jealous that Kyla had Rafe and she didn't. The two had a past, which was why Tara didn't know why the boy picked the "prude", Kyla, over her. Because of this, Tara's jealously towards the girl turned into hate.

Nonetheless, she pretended that everything was perfect and she treated Kyla the same way she always treated her — with love and respect. Little did Kyla know that Tara secretly wanted to destroy her and every last bit of her perfect, little life, which was why she was staying friends with the girl in the first place.

And even though Tara thought that Kyla's life was perfect, it really wasn't. Kyla had to deal with the fact that Kiara would always sneak out and not even come back for hours at a time. She had to deal with the fact that her boyfriend was slowly getting addicted to drugs and becoming crazier and crazier each day. She had to deal with the fact that she never had time to focus on herself since she was so busy worrying about others. She had to deal with the fact that every time she looked in the mirror, she always had to find something to fix no matter how many times everyone would mutter, "Kyla Carrera is so perfect."

Her life was far from perfect, which was why she always strived to make it perfect.

But everything started to get brutal after Hurricane Agatha that tore through the Outer Banks in the summer right before school had started. She thought that her life was about to officially turn horrible.

Or that's what Kyla thought until she got to know more about the blonde Pogue.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・