TWENTY NINE

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘❝ 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒈 𝒏𝒐𝒘? ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
❝ 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒈 𝒏𝒐𝒘?

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

After the Pogues explained to Kyla about the letter that Pope had received, and how whoever this C. Limbrey person was could clear his name, they ventured back over on the topic of the two sisters' parents.

"Our parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen," Kiara said as they all sat on Heyward's truck, the boat taking them across the water.

"Yeah, and they think you're forcing me to be with you guys when I literally chose to do this on my own," Kyla added and Kiara nodded. "Sometimes I'm literally so sick of being seventeen. At least when I turn eighteen, I won't have to deal with their bullshit anymore." Kyla did love her parents, but she did think they were very extreme when it came down to things.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though," JJ brought up, making Kyla send him a look since they were sitting next to each other.

"I'm not going to boarding school," Kiara told them with a shrug. "They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van."

"Well, I say..." JJ trailed off, putting a blunt in his mouth as he started to stand up, "...we just crumble some herb right now." He then took the joint out of his mouth and handed it to Kiara.

"Oh, come on, we're gonna need to be focused for this," Kyla told the two as JJ sat back down next to her.

"It helps me focus," JJ told her with a shrug.

"Does it really?" Kyla asked, narrowing her eyes at him since she didn't believe it.

"It helps me focus on smoking it," he said and Kyla just rolled her eyes in disbelief at the boy, poking her tongue against the side of her cheek as she looked back at her sister.

"Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope asked her.

"Like, twenty million times," Kiara told him.

"That's a quite a few times," JJ commented with a chuckle as he fixed his gray cap on his head.

"Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering," Kiara said.

"Maybe John B stole her phone and then gave it back?" Kyla guessed, holding her hands up to the side. Kiara just shrugged, sticking the blunt back in her mouth.