FIFTY EIGHT

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧❝ 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆, 𝒑𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
❝ 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆, 𝒑𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂 ❞

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

After eating the cooked skate, the Pogues had fallen soundly asleep only to be woken up the next morning by the sound of a plane overhead.

JJ gently shook Kyla awake since they were sleeping next to one another. "Ky, wake up. Wake up," he said just above a whisper, causing her eyes to flutter open slowly. "There's a plane."

"A plane?" Kyla questioned, immediately sitting up in shock. JJ nodded, going over to John B. "Oh my God," she breathed out, looking up to see it flying.

"Johnny, wake up. Get up," JJ said to John B before the blonde took Kyla's hand, leading her closer to the water to get a better look at the plane.

The other Pogues — apart from Pope and Cleo since they seemed to already have woken up — started to wake up, realizing what had been going on. "Hey! Hey, we're over here!" John B began to shout, waving his arms up and down to try to get the plane's attention. "Over here! Hey! We're right here!"

JJ stared at the plane, an unreadable expression on his face. "What if they don't see us?" Kyla asked worriedly as Kiara started to join in with John B's yelling.

JJ looked down at her, but didn't answer as he looked back at the plane. Kyla furrowed her brows a bit before she looked back at the plane and yelled, "We're right here!"

However, their screaming didn't seem to work as the plane disappeared behind the clouds, flying away from the island. "No, no, no," Kyla muttered under breath, her lips quivering just a bit.

The sadness was short lived, though, as the plane began to turn back around. "He sees us. Guys, guys, he sees us!" Kiara pointed out.

"He's gonna go to the pond! Come on, come on, come on!" John B said happily before they all started grabbing their things and running towards the pond area, meeting up with Pope and Cleo there since they were busy lighting a controlled fire to get the plane's attention.

John B, Sarah, and Kiara were ahead of Kyla and JJ when JJ stopped his jog, staring at the plane that had landed in the pond. "Are you okay, JJ?" Kyla asked in concern, noticing how he didn't seem as excited as the rest of them.