TWENTY ONE

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

After Kyla, Kiara, JJ, and Pope drove to The Wreck to hideout in, they fell asleep. Kyla was able to get some sleep, but definitely not enough since she kept thinking about John B, Rafe, Tara, Sheriff Peterkin and basically everything else that had went wrong in just a few hours.

She laid on one of the couches in the restaurant, her eyes opened as she stared up at the ceiling. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Pope get up and make his way over to JJ, who was leaning against the wall. "He's pinched for sure, man," JJ said to Pope as the boy neared him.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him," Pope told him, also leaning against the wall.

"Let's hope," JJ replied.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too," Kiara spoke up, making Kyla sit up from where she was laying.

"We don't know that for sure," Kyla told her, trying to stay positive once again.

"Yeah, well, we don't know if they aren't after us, so we just gotta act like they are for now," Kiara said and Kyla nodded slowly, knowing she was right. Like Kyla had mentioned in the past, 'you can never be too careful'.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," Pope said after a moment, pushing up from the wall to get get his bag and motorcycle keys.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asked, but Pope didn't answer him as he began walking out the door. "Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat," Pope told him quickly.

"Hey, you be careful," Kiara said, making Pope stop and look at her. "Okay?"

Pope stared at her for moment before he looked back at JJ and said, "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." He then walked out, completely ignoring Kiara.

"Uh..." Kyla trailed off in confusion, glancing at JJ before Kiara got up from her seat and followed after Pope. JJ raised his eyebrows at Kyla before they both followed Kiara out the door.

"Okay, what is your problem?" Kiara asked angrily as she walked down the wooden steps.

"No problem, Officer. I'm just doing my job," Pope replied without even looking back at the younger Carrera girl. He then hopped on the bike.