FIFTY ONE

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒍

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒍

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

John B drove the Twinkie back to where they crashed the truck, seeing police cars all around it. "Oh shit! They found the truck," Kiara said, looking at her sister.

"We're dead. We're done," Kyla mumbled, placing her head in her hands.

"Chill, chill, chill, chill," Pope said quickly as they slowed down.

"Just relax, just relax," John B told them as Shoupe made his way up to the van. "Evening, Officer."

"Sheriff. Yeah," Shoupe corrected him.

"Sheriff. Yeah. Yeah, that's right," John B muttered. "Speed kills, huh?" he then said, trying to make it seem like it wasn't them.

"I pulled the tags, and I know whose truck that is," Shoupe told them before he shined his flashlight to the back of the truck, pointing it at the sisters. "Hey! Kie, you drop your weed pen back there? And how 'bout you, Ky? You just seem to be doin' everything your sister's doin'."

Kiara and Kyla gave each other a look before Kiara stated in annoyance, "Found it."

"Sheriff, I just wanna say that this is all my fault. They had nothing to do with this. I take 100% responsibility," Pope told Shoupe, trying to take the fall for them.

"Nothing to do with it? Uh-huh. You wanna try that again? Your parents reported the truck missin' four hours ago, and the keys were missin' from the house. I'm taking you guys home. Or I can pull you all in for leaving the scene of an accident," Shoupe told them all, and Kyla sighed quietly.

"Okay," Kiara said, waving her hand as a sign of giving up.

"Good. Plumb." Plumb then came over and slid open the side door, letting the sisters out.

"We got a deal. Hit us up later and make sure we're still alive," Kiara told them after they got out of the van. Kyla nodded, her lips pursed in a thin line.

"Come on. Let's get you home," Shoupe urged, waking them over to his cop car.

When Kyla walked past the passenger seat window, JJ reached his hand out, placing his arm on her shoulder. She stopped and looked over at him, a sad look in her eyes. "Don't die on me, all right? We gotta completely sort this shit out between us before then," he joked, causing Kyla to let out a small laugh. "Now there she is."

"JJ..." Kyla trailed off, giving him a look since she knew she would probably be yelled at by Shoupe for taking too long.

"Just don't back down to your parents. We're doing the right thing even if no one else sees it," he told her and she nodded slowly. "And make sure they don't completely murder Kie. She's done more to your parents than you have, so..."