ONE

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒓

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla Carrera sat on a surfboard as it bobbed up and down in the steady water. The morning after Hurricane Agatha hit the OBX, Kyla had gotten up early to do some light surfing. No one knew that she could surf, not even her sister, Kiara. If it had ever gotten around that she actually could surf and she wasn't just doing it for the "aesthetic" like the other Kooks, it would ruin her whole "perfect" Kook persona. So, that's why she would always get up early and do some surfing before anyone had woken up. And by the time she got back, everyone was still asleep.

After making it back to her home on Figure Eight, she quickly showered and changed back into her pajamas and went back to sleep for another few hours to pretend like she never snuck out of the house.

Kiara was always the one sneaking out. Scratch that. Kiara was always the one knowingly sneaking out. She would do it at random times of the day where Kyla, or her parents, would notice. It was a regular occurrence and she always came back, but Kyla couldn't help but worry. Especially because she was hanging out with those Pogues.

Kyla really had nothing against them like the other Kooks had. She just knew that they were usually trouble, so she really didn't want her own sister getting caught up in it no matter how much they fought. Kyla still loved her, though, and she knew that Kiara loved her, too. Fighting was just what they did since they were two totally different people. Their parents had apparently planned on them being "the same" since they both gave them similar names and nicknames to flaunt as sisters, but both girls hated it.

Tara and Topper's parents did the same thing with the names starting with the same letter because at the time, the parents were better friends.

After waking up again, Kyla got up and headed into the kitchen where her mother, Anna, was already making breakfast. "Hey, Kyla. You sleep well?" she asked.

Kyla hummed, nodding as she grabbed a plate and put a blueberry muffin on it. Kiara then walked into the kitchen, holding a cooler as she went over to the freezer to put some ice in it. "Where are you going?" Kyla asked her, causing Kiara to roll her eyes.

"Why do you wanna know?" she asked, not even bothering to look over at her sister.

"Kiara, it was just a question," her mother scolded as she whisked around the eggs.

"Yeah, a stupid one," Kiara said and Anna sighed, not even bothering to reply to her rebellious daughter.

"You never answered it, though," Kyla said, raising her eyebrows.