TWENTY

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬
𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

After Kiara switched out with Pope to drive since she got mad, she ended up driving to Sarah's house at night to get her to tell the police to the truth since it was their best bet. Pope decided to go on the property with Kiara, leaving Kyla with JJ in the car.

"He's probably gonna confess his love for her right now in the state he's in," JJ said after Kiara and Pope hopped over the wall.

Kyla looked over at him. "What?" she asked, not following because of how tired she was. She barely had gotten any sleep the night before.

"Pope," JJ clarified. "Bro is madly in love with her," he told her.

"Yeah, well, thanks for telling me but it was pretty obvious, so..." Kyla trailed off, not in the mood to talk about Pope's love life, before she looked away from him.

JJ sighed, removing his cap. "Look, Ky, I'm sorry for being a dick before. I know that you're worried and stuff, and me being ass isn't helping you at all," he apologized, making Kyla look back at him.

"It's okay, JJ. I should be used to your...comments by now," she replied, shaking her head.

"No, don't do that," he said, also shaking his head.

"Do what?"

"Saying it's okay when it's not. You're allowed to get mad at people, Ky. You're — you're allowed to let people apologize to you without saying they don't have to," he explained. "And I know you're not used to that since you were friends with Kooks all your life."

She furrowed her brows at him, not realizing that he was able to realize that. JJ noticed her looking at him without saying anything, so she let out a mock laugh. "Yeah, well...what can you do?" she replied, shrugging as she let out a long sigh.

"Let yourself loose for once in your goddamn life," JJ told her like it was obvious, making her eyebrows raise. "I think you're focusing too much on trying to be this 'perfect' girl to please others when you're really not. And that's not even a bad thing. Hell, no one's perfect," he said. "Not even me," he added jokingly, making the both of them chuckle softly. "You're a Pogue now, Ky. You gotta own it."

She grinned at him, looking down in embarrassment. "Yeah. Yeah, you're right. My whole life, I've always tried to...live up to the expectation of being this perfect Kook, with the perfect boyfriend, with the perfect friends when in reality...I want none of that," she admitted, looking back up at him.