NINE

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

The Pogues, along with Kyla, drove in silence to the Hawks Nest in the van that they apparently called the Twinkie. Even though Kiara kept on pushing the fact that she didn't want her sister to come, she finally let up, which surprised everyone.

John B then stopped the van in front of the Hawks Nest and said, "All right."

JJ pushed open the sliding door. "Hit it, boys! We're goin'. Recon mission," he said excitedly, and Kyla raised her eyebrows at him.

"Yo, uh...so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself...tonight," John B told them after he climbed out of the driver's seat, making Kiara roll her eyes since she was in a bad mood now.

"Really?" JJ asked.

"What?"

"Nothin', brother."

"Look, I-I just don't want to spoil Sarah with the peanut gallery," John B explained to the blonde.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all," Kiara spoke up in complaint.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's — it's just, uh, like a — a business meeting...thing," John B told her and Kyla arched a brow at him, not sure how he was believing himself with that explanation. She then saw JJ make an inappropriate motion with his mouth and hands, so she nudged him, sending him a look. "Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus, we need the map."

Kiara shrugged. "Promise me nothing's happening between you two," she said.

"Nothing is happening, Kie," John B told her with wide eyes.

"I'm being serious."

"Okay!"

"This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head," Kiara told him.

"Kiara," Kyla said warningly since she was talking about her best friend like that.

Kiara sent her a look before she looked back at John B. "Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys," the Carrera girl continued.

"I promise," John B replied.

"That was really believable," JJ said sarcastically.

"A hundred percent believable," Pope agreed in the same tone, making Kyla sigh.