THIRTEEN

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒘𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒑

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"He said it looked something like this," Kiara said to Sarah and Kyla in the Twinkie as they looked at a drawing of the well.

"So..." Sarah trailed off as Kyla reached out her finger and traced it down the rope.

"That's 50 feet down, and they're using a 100-feet rope," Kyla told them.

Kiara nodded. "So I guess this little wagon will go...straight to the gold room," she said as she pointed at the drawing, all three girls chuckling at it.

"Who drew this?" Sarah questioned through her laughter.

"Who do you think?" Kiara replied before they all looked over at Pope, who was already looking at them. Well, looking at Kiara.

"So, when do you think he'll confess his feelings for you?" Kyla teasingly asked her sister.

Kiara scoffed. "Are you kidding? Pope doesn't like me like that," she denied, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I don't know," Sarah said in a singsong voice. "I think he does," she continued, agreeing with the older Carrera girl.

"See!" Kyla exclaimed, lightly shoving her sister.

Kiara rolled her eyes. "Just because you two think he likes me, doesn't mean it's true," Kiara told them and the two girls shrugged at the same time.

"Kie! This better work," JJ said as he came over to the three girls and dropped the gold in front of them. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

Kiara picked up the blowtorch next to her and told him, "It's gonna work."

"Be careful with that," Kyla warned.

"Yeah, yeah."

After Kiara melted down the gold piece, the crew drove over to a pawnshop to pawn it off for the money. "Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein," JJ said sarcastically as he stepped out of the Twinkie with the gold in his hand.

"Like you could've done any better," Kiara argued as Kyla stepped out of the car after her.

"I could have done much better. I took a welding class," JJ told her, and the two sisters have gave him the same look.

"When?" they both asked at the same time, before sending each other the same exact glance. Even though they were total opposites, they did seem to have the same reactions to things sometimes.