FIFTY FOUR

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒐

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Someone whistled from outside, causing the two of them to break apart. "Hey. Hey. Open it," Pope whispered from outside, making Kyla loosen up a bit. For a second, she thought it was someone else. JJ quickly went over to it and took the window off. "Oh, thank God."

"You need help?" Kyla asked.

"I'm good," Pope answered, going through the little opening.

"I thought you guys were caught with how long you guys took," Kyla told them, shaking her head and trying to regather her thoughts since all of them were on JJ.

"No. We're chill," Pope assured her before John N climbed through, followed by Kiara.

"Okay, let's put the grate back on."

"No, wait. Hold it," Pope instructed.

"What? No. Put it back," Kyla argued, furrowing her brows.

A woman then showed up, her eyes wide. "Jesus Christ! I kill you, John B!" the woman exclaimed, an accent in her voice.

"Who is this?" Kyla questioned, her eyes wide.

"Just relax. Just relax, okay? I told you I had a surprise, right?" John B said.

"Who is she? What's going on, John B?" Kyla continued frantically. She didn't want to put trust in anyone else besides the Pogues, not wanting to be betrayed.

"Hey, hey. Ky, relax. Relax. Remember I told you about the girl we met in the Bahamas that saved us?" John B said, trying to jog her memory.

"Uh...Cleo, right?" Kyla guessed.

"Cleo," John B confirmed, looking up at the girl. "She's gonna help us, all right?"

"Next time, ask me," Cleo told him with a nod before she hopped through. Pope then quickly put the grate back on.

Kyla went over to her sister and asked, "Did you guys get anything?" Kiara's attention seemed to focused elsewhere, though. Kyla followed her gaze, which was planted on Cleo. She furrowed her brows before she nudged her sister, making her focus again.

"Oh, uh, no, we didn't," Kiara quickly answered, clearing her throat.

JJ scoffed. "You seriously didn't grab nothing? Not one single gun?" he asked.

"We tr — we tried, okay? I got attacked," John B told him.

"This is why I should've gone with," JJ argued, making Kyla give him a look. "Well, hypothetically, of course. I mean, yeah," JJ quickly corrected himself.