SIXTEEN

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked Kiara, who was currently in a container that was being held up by some wire, and a tree branch. It was the next morning, and they were fortunately able to calm JJ down to get him to rest.

"Feels good," Kiara told him.

"All right, I'm taking you down."

"Okay."

"Be careful!" Kyla shouted from where she was standing next to JJ, who was sitting on the edge of the hot tub. She then looked over at him and asked, "You feeling okay?"

"Ky, you gotta stop asking me that. I'm fine, seriously," he told her, since the girl kept on asking from the moment he had woken up.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm kind of a—"

"Mom?" JJ finished for her making Kyla raise a brow. "Yeah, I think we all know that by now," he teased, making her roll her eyes at him playfully. "John B pullin' a Houdini," JJ then said after a moment.

"Yeah, where is he?" Pope asked. "I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. We gotta get this done!"

"Yeah, and I gotta get back home so my parents don't think I died. They're used to Kie being out like this, but definitely not me," Kyla added and Kiara nodded from where she was swinging.

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ called out once John B appeared at the Château. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

"No, he did not. I did that," Pope corrected him, which made JJ shake his head.

"Hey, John B," Kiara said once they noticed that he was walking right into his house, just ignoring them. Pope then finally got her out of the container, watching John B with a confused expression as he did so.

"Hey, what's up?" Kyla asked, sensing that maybe something was wrong. Maybe the fishing trip with Ward didn't go well, she thought.

"Okay, that's it?" JJ questioned in offense and Kyla slightly nudged him, signaling for him to tone it down a notch with the attitude.

"Uh...what's that all about?" Pope asked JJ and Kyla as he and Kiara walked over to them.

"I was gonna ask you the same question," JJ replied.

"Let's go check on him," Kyla suggested before they nodded, walking into the house to see John B clattering through his drawers and cabinets. Kyla and Kiara glanced at each other in confusion at his actions.