TWENTY EIGHT

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝒔𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla arrived at the Kook Academy the next day like she hadn't almost drowned. Once again, everyone had been staring at her, but she had just ignored them. She had gone through the day without any troubles...until lunch.

She had been eating her salad alone at a table before Tara had walked up to her, a grin on her face. "Hey, Ky. Nice salad," she complimented, looking down at it.

Kyla looked up at her, an unamused expression on her face. "Shouldn't you also be eating right now?" Kyla asked, just wanting Tara to get away from her.

"I'm too sad to eat," Tara told her, pouting as she pulled out a chair and sat down next to Kyla.

Kyla furrowed her brows in confusion. "Sad?" she asked.

"Yeah. Rafe went to the Bahamas with his father and he couldn't bring me with him, so I can't see him for a bit," Tara told her and Kyla tried to hide her surprise. Do they know about Sarah and John B being alive? she thought worriedly.

"You can't go a few days without him?" Kyla questioned her, pretending not to be fazed by what she just said.

She shrugged. "I get worried, you know? He might...drown or something," she said, licking her lips.

Kyla looked at her, processing what she had just said. That couldn't have been a coincidence, right? "What?" she blurted out.

"You know, he might get stuck in a sewer or something, and then the water might rise and then drown him. It's something to think about," Tara told her, blinking her fake, innocent eyes.

"Oh, my God," Kyla said breathlessly, standing up from her seat. "You did that. You — you tried to drown me!" Kyla realized, pointing at Tara accusingly. Some people had turned to look at the two, wondering what was happening.

Tara slowly stood up from her seat, pushing her chair in. "I don't know what you're talking about, Ky. Maybe you should just...stop getting involved in something that doesn't have to do with you," Tara warned, crossing her arms.

Kyla let out an angry scoff, making more people in the cafeteria watch the girls. "That doesn't have to do with me? Oh, trust me, it does have to do with me after I watched Rafe murder the sheriff with my own two eyes!" she yelled, making Topper and Kelce, who were also sitting in the cafeteria, start to get up from their seats.