FIFTY NINE

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

The truck with Kyla and Kiara neared a guarded area that led to a large house of some sort. The sisters had been quiet most of the trip, only sending each other small glances just in case the men didn't want them speaking.

The truck stopped in front of the gate guarded by two armed men and another with a dog, making Kyla tense up. She didn't know if these people could be working for Ward or not based on Portis's reaction to his name, but if they were, she wouldn't be surprised if Tara told them to shoot her on sight.

"All right, let them in," the guard with the dog instructed after the dog finished sniffing the car. The other guards moved the gate so the truck could continue driving towards the large house.

The truck then stopped once it got in front of the house, the men grabbing the sisters' arms and forcing them to walk inside. There were armed guards on the balcony, seeming to be surveying the area.

Kyla and Kiara glanced at each other once more before the men continued to walk towards the entrance, a woman dressed in something a maid would wear opened the door and let them inside.

They slowly walked further into the house, noticing objects that looked ancient and very expensive all over the place. There's no way this could be Ward's home if he's been continuously been searching after the gold, Kyla thought, but she was still uncertain.

"Take them upstairs. The Orinoco Rooms," the maid told the guards.

"This way," the guard said, grabbing both of the sisters' arms and forcing them up the steps. "Up."

They then made it to one of the floors, forcing one sister in one room and the other sister in the other room. "Why are we here? Who are you working for?" Kiara questioned as the guard stepped into the hallway, in between the two doorways where each sister stood.

He looked at the both of them. "Dinner at eight. I'd clean up," was the only thing he said.

"Just tell me what they want!" Kiara exclaimed before the guard moved and shut the door, locking her inside.

He then turned to Kyla's room, where she had been staring at him fearfully. "Please, just tell me why we're here. That's all I want to know," Kyla pleaded, but the guard just ignored her and shut the door, locking it like he did with Kiara's door. "Shit."