EIGHTEEN

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒆

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒆

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Hey, hey!" John B said as he quickly crouched down over Peterkin, whose blood started to soak through her uniform. "Hold still. Hold still. It's okay. Where is it? Where is it? Oh, my — I'm sorry," John B said before he quickly started to grab his bandana to put it over her wound. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Call!" Peterkin forced out in a strained voice.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," John B whispered quickly.

"Call!" Peterkin said again. "Call for help."

Kyla just continued to stand there in shock as tears ran down her face, close enough for her to hear Peterkin's dying voice. She was too scared to even move while Tara started to walk toward Rafe as he began to point the gun at John B, who was trying to call for help on the sheriff's radio. "Hey, hey!" Rafe yelled out to try and get the Routledge boy to stop.

"Rafe, no! Rafe!" Ward yelled out as Tara strode over behind Rafe, her eyes narrowed. She didn't care if he killed John B, but he killed the sheriff and that...wasn't good.

"Don't try it, asshole," Rafe warned as he pointed the gun at John B's head.

"Rafe — John B," Ward said, reaching his hand out, "give me the radio."

"No," John B said as Sarah continued to sob on the ground.

"Come on," Ward said before he crouched down over Peterkin. "Give me the radio. The damn radio," he whispered before he pulled the radio out of John B's hands and stood up.

Rafe still had his gun held up as he took a step backwards towards Tara, who placed a hand on his arm. "Rafe, I've got it. Calm down," Ward told him, showing him the radio. "Rafe, put the gun down. I got it."

Kyla blinked slowly, trying to make sense of everything. She didn't know that Rafe was capable of shooting someone, but then again, he had been beating the Pogues up, while also encouraging the other Kooks to kill them. But she didn't want to believe that her boyfr — ex-boyfriend was capable of something this horrible.

By the time she opened her eyes, John B had backed up from Peterkin to try and escape. "Where are you goin'? Huh?" Rafe called out, pushing past his father.

"Run," Sarah told John B. John B then took off and before Kyla knew it, she started running in the other direction, down the airstrip as she heard more gunshots behind her. If she exited the way they came, then she would know where to go.