FORTY

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬
❝ 𝒅𝒂𝒅!

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

JJ trilled in John B's house. "Ladies and gentleman, Ward Cameron, king of the Kooks, is going to jail!" JJ exclaimed happily, making the boys laugh. John B had just given the tape to the Shoupe and they were going to be arresting the man at any minute.

"Goodbye! Goodbye! Adios! He's out of there! Adios!" Pope whooped as John B and JJ cheered along with him.

The girls were sitting on the porch, watching the boys celebrate before Kiara asked Sarah, "Do you regret it?"

Sarah shook her head. "No. He deserves all of it, and I know that," she replied, swallowing hard. Kyla gave her a sad look, knowing how conflicted Sarah must have been feeling. She had sort of been going through the same thing with Rafe and Tara.

"He's your dad. I get it," Kiara said. "I'm sure it sucks to be in the middle."

Sarah's phone then started to ring so she picked it up, seeing who was calling her. Since Kyla was sitting next to her, she saw that it was Topper. "Sorry," Sarah whispered, getting up to go take the call.

"Yeah." Kiara then looked over at her sister. "You feeling okay?" she asked.

Kyla nodded slowly, taking in a deep breath. "Yeah. I just want this whole thing to be over," Kyla responded truthfully after a moment with a nod.

"Me too," Kiara agreed. Sarah then came walking over to them, her eyes wide. "You okay?"

"They're coming for my dad right now," Sarah said, loud enough for the boys to hear and stop talking. "We gotta go. Now."

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

John B quickly drove the Twinkie to the Cameron household with the Pogues. As they drove, many cop cars speeded past them. "Shit," Kiara breathed out.

"This is crazy," Kyla said, biting the inside of her cheek before John B took a sharp turn, making her fall into JJ slightly. She gave him a quick look before she pushed off of him, pretending it didn't happen.

"Oh, my God. Can you please hurry? I need to be there for Wheezie," Sarah told her boyfriend.

"You think I wanna miss this?" John B asked and Sarah looked over at him, giving him a look of disbelief at his comment.