FIFTY FIVE

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘𝒆𝒙𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝒆𝒙𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

JJ and Kyla had their backs pressed against the wall near the hull, waiting for all the men to enter. Once Kyla had heard some voices, she inched to look around the corner, trying not to be seen by them. "Psst. How many?" JJ whispered over to her.

Kyla held up three fingers to tell him that there were three guys. As more guys game down, they both kept count to make sure they had all 15 people accounted for.

"Where are we going, and where's Dad?" Kyla heard Wheezie ask. She felt bad for the younger girl since she wasn't a part of this bullshit whatsoever.

"I don't know, Wheezie," Rose answered in annoyance.

"Probably looking after Sarah since she can't seem to sit still," Tara said, probably eye rolling as well — Kyla couldn't see. She then peered around the other corner, noticing that Rafe and Tara had stopped. She quickly pulled back, pressing her back against the wall even more, hoping she wasn't caught.

When nothing happened for two minutes, Kyla whispered, "That's all of the crew."

"Except Ward. We need Ward," the blonde replied through clenched teeth.

"We can't wait. This is better than nothing," Kyla told him, getting herself pumped up before she rushed over to the entrance of the hull with JJ on her tail.

They quickly shut the door, making all of the men yell in an uproar. They went over to it and tried to push it open, causing Kyla and JJ to groan as they fought against their pushes. JJ's arms were around Kyla as he tried to close the door, assisting the girl.

"Close it! Close it!" he yelled before they were able to close it fully.

"Lock it!" Kyla instructed and JJ quickly took the lock and locked up the door.

"Check the other door!" one of the men bellowed, causing all of the men to shuffle away.

"There's another door! There's another door!" JJ shouted, pushing off of the door and rushing over to the other open one. Kyla quickly followed suit before they were able to quickly shut it and lock it without going through the trouble of fighting against it.

Kyla let out a sigh of relief, her hands still on the door just in case — JJ doing the same. "We did it," Kyla said breathlessly, a grin forming on her face.

"Looks like we're a good team again," JJ commented with a laugh, making Kyla nod as she tried to breathe slower. "Okay, come on."

The two of them then went over to the ladder leading down to where the cross was, trying not to waste any time doing so.