TWENTY SIX

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Look, it was right here, and this is where the maniac claimed his next victim. Right there," Kiara told Shoupe as she pointed at the floor in the construction site building where they had watched Ward and Gavin. But, there was no evidence of Ward shooting Gavin anywhere.

"Uh-huh. His next victim?" Shoupe asked, not believing her.

"Yeah," Kyla confirmed with a nod. When Shoupe had pulled up and saw the older Carrera girl there with the others, saying that he was surprised was an understatement. Kyla never had to deal with the cops since she was always the "goody two shoes", but now that she was a "Pogue", the police would just have to get used to her presence.

And she would have to get used to theirs.

"Right. How long ago did you say it happened?" Shoupe asked as JJ bent down, looking for any blood on the floor.

"45 minutes ago, Shoupe," JJ told him as he stood back up from his crouch.

"Okay," Shoupe said as he wrote the details down in his notepad.

"There's no blood here at all," JJ whispered to Kyla under his breath.

"Damn it," she muttered, shaking her head as she looked down at the ground.

"And so, Ward Cameron just popped one off and shot him," Shoupe recounted from what the teens had told him before.

"Yes," Kiara told him breathlessly.

"Execution style? And then cleaned it all up in 45 minutes?" he continued, not seeming to believe the teenagers.

"Yeah," Kiara said with a sad look.

"Obviously," Pope added, and Shoupe began to write something else down.

"We filmed the entire thing," Kiara brought up.

Shoupe's eyes widened as he looked up from his notepad. "You filmed it?"

"Yes, but we can't show it to you because I stepped on JJ's hand, and then he kicked Pope, and then Pope dropped the camera 'cause it's a piece of shit, and it broke," Kiara explained as she looked up in the air in annoyance.

"This is a telephoto, and we needed to get a long-distance image, and...and...and I fell, and it broke, so the video is basically unusable. But — but — but we were there, and we're wit—"