TWENTY FOUR

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla sat in her seat in class, writing down some notes as she listened to the teacher talk. She wanted something to do to distract herself since everyone was still whispering and staring at her with no shame.

She then felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, instinctively reaching for it just in case it was her sister, or someone important. She glanced up to make sure the teacher wasn't looking before she clicked on her phone, seeing that the message was from an unknown number. She furrowed her brows, but tapped on the text anyway before it revealed a photo of John B and Sarah in a sunny looking area.

Kyla's eyes widened in shock, her mouth dropping at the sight of them since they were supposed to be dead. Tara, who was also in the classroom, narrowed her eyes at Kyla from across the room suspiciously since she had noticed the girl's strange reaction.

Kyla then got up from her seat, gathering her belongings to go somewhere more private to figure out if the text really was from John B and Sarah. And if it was, then she needed somewhere private to cry.

"Excuse me, Ms. Carrera? Where do you think you're going?" the teacher asked, making everyone look at Kyla.

"Uh...to the bathroom," Kyla told her, walking towards the door.

"But I didn't say that you were allowed to."

"It's an emergency," Kyla said before she walked out, not caring if she got in trouble or not. She would usually care about how everyone perceived her in school, especially teachers, but right now...she didn't even think about that.

Tara tried to follow the girl out, but the teacher was able to stop her before she could, making the blonde curse under her breath.

Kyla quickly walked to the girls bathroom, checking to make sure no one was inside before she locked the main door so no one would be able to get in. She placed a hand up to her mouth once she looked at the picture again, hoping that it was real.

But how could it have been? Shoupe had told them that they were gone, and there was no way they could have survived a storm like that unless a miracle had happened.

Kyla didn't even realize that the other Pogues were on the text until Kiara messaged, 'WTF is this you???'. Kyla didn't bother sending anything yet until she got some solid proof that it was really them. For all they knew, it could have been a stupid Kook prank.