TWENTY SEVEN

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 2

𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 2

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

JJ placed the gun on Shoupe's desk later that night, making his mouth drop. They all stared at him, waiting for him to say something. Kyla was shivering a bit since they all didn't have time to shower and change into normal clothes, so not only were they still wet, they also smelled.

"So y'all are telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron used to kill Peterkin with?" Shoupe asked slowly.

"That's exactly what we're telling you, Shoupe," JJ confirmed.

"And the exact firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin," Pope added and Kyla nodded.

"I — And where's that corpse again?" Shoupe asked them, not believing it yet again.

"Didn't you look into it like I asked?" Kyla questioned, her brows furrowed.

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out," Shoupe told them, making Kyla give him a look of disbelief.

"He was out?" Kiara repeated angrily.

"No shit! 'Cause he's dead!" JJ shouted.

"Listen to yourself! It makes perfect sense!" Kiara said loudly before they all started to yell and talk at the same time.

"Just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide," Shoupe told them to get them to shut up.

"I told you this was gonna happen!" JJ said through clenched teeth as he took his cap off.

"What are you talking about?" Kiara asked in a high voice.

"It doesn't seem at all suspicious to you?" Kyla questioned as she shook her head.

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit, or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kiara asked.

"He'll sit there and wax that damn mustache. Is that even real?" JJ said as he pointed at Shoupe accusingly.

Shoupe stood up and started to say, "I'll wax this—"

"Hey, shut up, JJ!" Pope yelled at his friend since it obviously made Shoupe even more annoyed.

"It's not fair!" Kiara complained.

"We brought you concrete evidence this time!" Kyla added and Kiara nodded in agreement.