SIXTY FOUR

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝒑𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 𝒗𝒔. 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla waited at the Château for JJ, knowing he would come back to see Big John sometime soon even though she didn't really know where he and John B had gone. She just found a note saying that he found the Twinkie and he'd be out with his dad.

She then heard JJ's bike come by, making her tense up nervously. "John B!" JJ yelled out as he hopped of his bike before he whistled. "Yo!" he tried again, not noticing Kyla by the little, wooden shack she was waiting at.

"Hey, J," Kyla greeted awkwardly, standing up from where she was sitting.

JJ turned around before he sighed, realizing it was her. "Is John B not here?" he asked, walking toward her.

She shook her head. "Nope."

He continued walking over before he reached the small, wooden shack, placing his hand on the wooden post to lean on. "What up?" he inquired, acting as if nothing had happened earlier.

"Rafe and Tara's what's up," she told him, getting straight to the point about that situation before she delved into their argument situation.

"What do you mean?"

"They're back on the island," she revealed and he dropped his hand angrily, shaking his head. "Sarah saw them."

"Spectacular," he spoke sarcastically, walking past her.

"It's not just that, though. She overheard them saying that the cross is coming to Wilmington tomorrow night. She think they just be trying to sell it," she explained.

JJ sucked in a breath. "Great," he exhaled. "Does Pope know?"

"Yeah, Sarah went to tell him. He's on lock down, and I'm assuming John B and his dad went and got the Twinkie," she said, handing JJ the note she found on John B's door. "They're off to God knows where."

JJ took the note from her, reading it for himself. "Yeah, of course. Just when we need them," he muttered, crumpling the paper up and tossing it in the ground, kicking at it.

"Um..." Kyla trailed off, wanting to start talking about what happened.

""Wait. Hold on, though," JJ realized something, making Kyla shut her eyes for a quick second and release a quiet sigh. "We know where the cross is gonna be. That means it's still on the field. Okay, alright. So we can come in and swoop, alright? We're still in this, Ky. We gotta get everybody together, and then we're gonna come up with a plan. Get our asses to Wilmington as fast as—"