SEVENTY ONE

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝒌𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒘𝒌

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Could've been a faulty electrical wire," Pope guessed as all the Pogues sat and watched John B's house burn completely down, all the way until the sun rose.

"Place was all wood. A tinderbox," Kiara commented disappointedly.

"Thing just went up. Boom," Cleo spoke quietly.

"Verdict's in, bro. Whoever's up there...does not like you," JJ joked to try to lighten the mood, but didn't really work. "Sorry." He then tossed a glass bottle at the house, causing it shatter.

They then all strolled over to the dock to get away from the smoke that was clogging up the air. "Sarah, when did you say the pilot was getting in?" John B asked, trying to forget about the fact that his home was gone.

"Probably like an hour? I mean, once he's here, my dad says we can leave whenever we want," Sarah responded.

"Is your dad coming with us?" Kyla inquired, hoping this wasn't some set up. After everything that's been happening with their luck, she just wanted to make one of their plans went smoothly for once.

"No. He won't be," Sarah told her and Kyla nodded slowly, feeling better about their chances.

"Okay, well, as much as I would love to ghost my parents again, I can't," Pope spoke up.

"Pope, we're talkin' El Dorado here. Can you, like, just, like, slip out the back maybe?" JJ suggested.

"Great advice," Kiara sarcastically remarked and Kyla let out a low chuckle.

"I mean, it always worked for me. How to avoid unpleasant circumstances 101. If there's a problem, you don't wanna face it, turn that face and keister around and walk the other way," JJ explained and Kyla sighed to herself quietly, knowing why JJ had to use that technique.

"I'm not doing that, okay?" Pope shook his head.

JJ exhaled. "I just want you to be there, dog."

"I'm gonna be there. I'll meet you guys at the airstrip in an hour?" Pope asked, looking over at John B.

"Yeah, we'll see you there," John B nodded.