THIRTY SEVEN

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒉

𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒉

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla decided not to go to John B's place with Kiara just in case she ran into JJ. Even though she said she wouldn't let him run her life, she still didn't feel like talking or seeing him. She really just needed to break.

Which she wouldn't get anytime soon.

It had gotten kind of late as she just walked around Figure Eight for no reason. She liked looking at all the pretty, lit up houses to distract herself from anything else that could be described as "ugly".

She then got a text on her phone, so she pulled it out of her pocket. Deachs Point. Rafe, was what Sarah had wrote to her from Kiara's phone.

At first, Kyla was confused, so she wrote back, What? But then she realized that Sarah was at Deachs Point with Rafe. She immediately began texting Sarah asking if she was okay and asking why Rafe was there, but she wasn't getting back to her at all.

"Shit, shit, shit," she repeated over and over again under her breath. She had no transportation since her parents had technically kicked her out of the house, and there was no way she could run to Deachs Point on time to help Sarah at all. And it wasn't like she could call any of the Pogues since John B was in jail, Sarah had Kiara's phone, and the other two boys didn't have a car.

"Kyla?" she heard someone call out and she looked over to see that it was Topper. Her eyes widened, realizing that she had accidentally stopped in front of the Thornton's house. "Kyla, are you okay?" he asked once he got closer, noticing her composure.

She blinked rapidly, shaking her head. Maybe he can help, she thought even though she really didn't want him to. But he might have been her only hope. "It's Sarah. I think she's — I think she's stuck at Deachs Point with Rafe and might be in trouble," she told him.

It was his turn for his eyes to widen. "Sarah's in trouble?" he asked and she quickly nodded. "Come on," he said, waving for Kyla to follow him to his backyard, which was connected to a dock on the ocean.

Kyla hesitated, asking, "Is Tara home?"

Topper looked over his, continuing to walk over. "No. She hasn't been home that much," he answered like it was rehearsed. Kyla sighed before she followed him, hopping onto his boat which they quickly took to Deachs Point. "Why — why — why is Rafe after Sarah?" Topper worriedly questioned as he quickly drove the boat across the ocean. Kyla looked over at him, considering if she should tell him the truth or not since he was Tara's brother. "Kyla, come on!"