FIFTY TWO

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Pope, listen, when all of this is over, and I go home, my parents are probably gonna send me away," Kiara told Pope after she and Kyla picked him up. They were able to drive over to where he was without getting caught by their parents, but Kyla had a feeling that they would find out they were gone sooner or later.

Kyla hoped that it was later.

"I just wanna make sure that we're straight," she continued. "You know, I might not see you for a really long time, and after that night..." Kiara trailed off, shrugging since she didn't know what to say, "...if I...if I hurt your feelings..."

"You didn't," Pope assured her, shaking his head. Kyla looked between them from the back seat, feeling as if she was invading on their privacy. "It's good."

"But I...I feel like I did."

"Kie. Kie. I promise you it's okay," Pope said, a small smile on his face. "We're friends...and that's first."

Kiara gave him a look before she nodded, biting her lip. She seemed to be hesitating about something, but Kyla didn't know what it was. "Look Pope...the reason why I was so weird after that night and — and why we're only gonna stay is friends is because...is because..." Kiara trailed off, and Kyla knew exactly what she was trying to say. She wished she could help her say it, but Kyla didn't want to force her into it, or say it for her.

"You can tell me," Pope said, nodding his head encouragingly.

Kiara let out a sigh before she said, "It's because I'm gay. I've — I've been keeping this secret for — for a while now and I — I just didn't know how to tell it to you guys. I didn't want you guys to, like, I don't know...stop being friends with me." Kiara glanced back at Kyla in the backseat, and Kyla gave her a supportive grin.

"Kie...I — I had no idea," Pope said, shaking his head. "If I had k-known that you — you didn't like guys like that, then I wouldn't have been mad. At all," he admitted, licking his lips. "I'm...I'm glad you told me. And I'll never stop being friends with you over something so normal. You're one of my best friends." Kyla smiled at him, nodding her head in agreement from the backseat.

Kiara let out a relieved laugh, thankful that her coming out to him went well. "I love you guys," she said genuinely. "Wow, I've been so sentimental lately," she then joked, causing Kyla to let out a laugh.