10. don't move

Chapter 10

Oriya Deronte

We sat in silence the whole ride to the warehouse. We had a small shipment of money coming in soon, so I prepared my sniper.

I watched as a man approached the warehouse and punched in the code to open the doors. He went in with a package and came out without one. As he walked out, he didn't fully close the door.

Just as the door was about to shut, a skinny guy slipped in.

"He's the guy." Vincent said from beside me.

"No shit." I rolled my eyes.

The door opened again and the guy who went in, came out but this time he had a wad of cash in his hand. He stood there like a dumbass counting it. I pulled the trigger from my sniper, shooting him right in the heart. He dropped to the ground with wide eyes.

"Night night" I whispered with a smirk.

I stepped out of the car, and made my way over to the guy. I stood over his body, watching as blood poured all around him. I took in the smell of fresh blood. I missed that smell. I bent down and searched his pocket, pulling out a bag of cocaine.

So this is where the money was going.

I got back up and walked back to the car. I barely even closed the door when Vincent started driving.

Told you, madman.

I pulled out my phone and let my father know the job was done. He sent a thumbs up emoji back. The car was once again quiet.

I decided to kill the silence by asking the question I had been dying to know the answer to.

"Why didn't you kill me that night?" I asked, slightly twisting my torso towards him.

His head turned my way, making the car swerve to the left.

"Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to let you even near a car?" I said, holding the grab handle.

"You're fine, shut up." He mumbled.

"Nearly died but whatever. Why?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"You fainted. I was going to bring you back to my house and wait for you to wake up." He answered.

"So? Why didn't you?"

"Heard your father coming close to the door. "

"Oh," I sighed. "Sucks to be you, now your dumbass has to wait till the truce is over" I said.

"You do too brat, don't forget." He said.

We both agreed we didn't want to spend any more time together alone so we decided that we would go back to the house, get our stuff and head back to the safe house. He was reversing into the driveway.

He had one hand on the steering wheel and one at the back of my seat while looking behind us through the windshield. I decided to stop staring at him before he caught me.

It took me about 10 minutes to gather all my things. I heard the door open and shut. Vincent's done getting ready.

I went to the bathroom to get some things I had left in there, as I walked out there was a shadow of a man with a gun twirling around in his hand. I was taught to move without making myself known at a very young age and right now, I was thankful for that.

I swiftly moved through the dark, careful to not make a single noise revealing my presence. I positioned myself behind the person and pulled the hand holding the gun behind their back.

Grabbing the gun out of their hand, I put it to their head.

"Don't move." I warned.

"It's me idiota."

Vincent.

"Why the hell are you standing in the dark twirling a damn gun?" I said as I backed away from him. He turned around with a scowl.

"Because I can. Get in the car." He said. He walked past me, lightly shoving me with his shoulder.

Being nice to this son of a bitch was so hard. I came to a conclusion that this time, I wouldn't go off without him and instead of blasting music, I would try to have a nice friendly conversation with him. It's hard when I want to jab a pencil in his eye when he's within two meters of me, but I'll manage.

We had been in the car for about 20 minutes. None of us spoke or even acknowledged each other's existence. I don't think I'll be able to survive 10 hours with him.

Vincent Laurent

Peace and quiet. It's not something you get around the she devil. I looked straight ahead at the road as I took in the calm. For a whole 20 minutes, it sat quiet beside me, not saying a single word. I took-

"So," It started talking. I spoke too soon.

"So, how are you?" It asked sweetly.

"No."

"What?" It asked, raising it's eyebrow.

"You're being nice. Stop." I explained.

"Well yeah, I figured if we're going to work together, and possibly for a while I might as well be nice." It shrugged.

It tried to have a nice conversation with me for about 5 minutes, before it realized it was no use. I gave short one-worded replies to everything it said.

"Gah! Why talk like a robot and in such a slow and dead way?" It said, slamming its fist on the center console of the car.

"Why do you talk?" I fired back.

"Screw being nice, it's fucking impossible." The brat mumbled.

It noticed now? I had thought about being a little nicer to the brat than I was, but I couldn't. I could see how hard the brat was trying to not wrap her hands around my neck until I turned blue at my one-worded replies.

The consequence of my actions was the brat blasting songs. I noticed how most of them were from the same singer, Lana Del Rey. Favorite singer maybe.

"You make me want to drive the car off a damn cliff." I said turning the music down. My ear drums were going to rip.

"Please do. Allow me to get off first though." It said, yawning.

I almost sighed in happiness. Almost. I remembered how loud it snored as it slept. Last night, I woke up thinking a train was about to run me over. I spent the rest of the time it slept debating if I should put a hole through the brats head. I settled on waiting until the truce was over. If I killed her now while we had a truce, I would be seen as an unfit leader.

To my right, I heard its deafening snores. I couldn't decide what was worse. It's snores or when it spoke.