29. his knife

Chapter 29

Oriya Deronte

Vincent and I walked out the club and the place erupted in applause. My men and his men were cheering since we had won the war with Antonio's mafia.

For years, my mafia and his were at each other's necks when we saw each other. Every ball, every meeting, every occasion you could possibly think of. This was the first time I had seen all our people get along so nicely.

Many lives have been lost due to our rivalry. During the time of the truce I could see, less people were stressed. I saw how nicely all our people got along when they weren't trying to end each other.

It was nice while it lasted but now I had to do what's right for my mafia. That means ending his life.

"This will go down in history!" Someone shouts and everyone cheers again and louder this time.

I raise my gun and fire two shots into the air in celebration and begin walking to the car. The 6 of us pile into the back seats and a driver starts taking us home. Our men stayed behind, still celebrating.

Kena, Lucas, Sienna, and Theo fall into a conversation of their own as Vincent and I stare at the window next to our seats. Our legs were in front of each other and since he was tall, he didn't have much leg space.

He extended his legs and hooked them behind mine. I looked up at him and he just shrugged. I let them stay that way. His legs looked cramped up together when he sat normally.

I turn to face him from the window. "When's your birthday?" I ask out of nowhere.

"Why?" he says, taking his eyes off the window.

"I know everyone's birthday but yours." I shrugged.

"So why do you need to know mine?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I don't need to know. I'm just asking."

"Okay, why do you need to ask?"

"Gah, you are impossible, dork." I mutter as I turn back to the window.

"Cazzo," I hear him say under his breath. "March 23rd." He answers finally as he scowls at me.

"You're a Aries." I note. I officially hate all Aries men now.

"You?" He asks.

"July 23rd." I say proudly.

"Mhm, Leo." He grimaces.

"You know zodiacs?" I say, surprised. He doesn't seem like the guy who cared about that stuff. He didn't seem like a guy who cared about anything.

"No, it was a guess." He shrugs.

"Oh. Cool." I nod. It was a good guess.

We finally arrived back at the house where we had been staying during the time being. The air was tense. We decided to end the truce officially, 24 hours after they left. I decided not to tell Ryder about it. I knew he grew an attachment to Vincent and Sarah so this would hurt him.

"We don't have to live in the same house anymore." Sienna says.

"The truce is over." Theo said, looking at all of us.

Vincent's eyes meet mine as we stare at each other. I can see his body tense at Theo's words. His eyes dropped to my shoulder, where I was shot. His jaw ticks as he shoves past everyone and goes into the house.

I looked at Kena who was nearly in tears. She looked at me, almost pleading. I knew what she wanted but I couldn't give it to her. I lightly shook my head, declining. She sighed and turned to Lucas, hugging him.