53. my true love

Chapter 53

Oriya Deronte

Sarah giggles and Ryder slaps his little hand over her mouth, silencing her. He brings a finger to his lips, shushing her. Sarah throws him a scowl and rips his hand off of her.

Sarah uses her free hand and applies more lipstick on Vincent's face. He was currently sleeping and the kids thought it was fun to give him a makeover. It's his fault for being asleep after the kids woke up anyway.

Vince shifts in his spot and the three of us freeze, hoping he won't wake up. Sarah shoves the lipstick in Ryder's hand as Vincent's eyes peel open. They flutter as he takes in the sight in front of him. The sides of his lips twitch into a smile for a split second before going into a straight line again.

"What the fu- frick do you all want from me?" He grumbles.

Ryder flicks his forehead, "Be nice."

They bicker back and forth before Ryder lunges forward and wraps his hands around Vincent's neck. My boy didn't do anything since Ryder couldn't possibly apply enough pressure to kill him. I still stopped him though.

"Okay that's enough. C'mere Ryder." I said, pulling Ryder to me as he sticks his tongue out to Vincent.

Vincent narrows his eyes at my brother. Sarah comes to his defence and slaps a hand over his eyes, stopping the glaring contest. "There's chocolate in your room." I whisper to the kids. Less than a second later, they were gone.

I turn to Vincent. He pulls me down to lay on him and then rolls us around so he's on top of me. "Why do you wake up so late? I finish my run and breakfast before you even get out of bed." I said.

"Is that what caused the ground to crack? You running?" He snorts.

I send him a glare and he seals his lips shut. I check the time on my watch and decide, him and I still have time until we have to go. I didn't tell Vincent about it because I'm not sure if he'd be okay with it. Fuck it, what's the worse that can happen?

"Vincent," I get his attention, "I'm planning on declaring permanent truce between us to my mafia. If you're okay with that. It's fine if your no-"

"Of course I'm okay with that. Is it today?" He asks, twirling my hair in his finger.

"Yeah, at 2." I said.

I obviously couldn't tell them all since we were in Italy and my people were in America but some of them were here. I could just let them know and I'm sure the news would travel to America pretty quick. Besides, I needed to check in with them to make sure everything here is going well.

He looks at the clock and notices that it's 12. We still have two hours. He looks back to me and I can already tell what he's thinking. I scramble off the bed until I'm out of arm's reach from him.

"I refuse to be limping in front of my whole fucking mafia." I shake my head.

"Reasonable. At least kiss me." He sighs.

I nod and move closer to him, "Mhm, that I can do."

He places a soft and innocent kiss on my lips before flicking my forehead, "I would give up skittles for you." He says, making the corners of my lips rise up.

"Really?" I ask.

He flips me off, "Fuck no. Skittles are my true love, not you." He grimaces at me.

I slap him lightly across the face, the smile still playing on my face, "Well I'd sell you for Lana Del Rey so I guess it's fair."

"Yeah." He shrugs before standing up and extending his arm out to me, "Let's go."