44. my ride

Chapter 44

Oriya Deronte

I try to be as quiet as I can as I bring the cake upstairs for Vincent. The bastard didn't want anyone to do anything big about the news but I never listened anyway.

I sit the box with the delicious treat inside on our nightstand table. It was 2 in the morning. I was sure to do this when nobody was awake, so it wouldn't turn into a big thing. Just like he wanted.

I took the cup of ice cold water in my hand and splashed it on his face. He shot up like a bullet and grabbed me by my shoulders as he tackled me to the ground. I groan in pain as I trash under him.

"It's me! Oriya!" I whisper scream.

He turns on the lamp and takes a good look at my face to make sure it really is me. He becomes visibly more calm and his body drops on mine. I squirm as his wet hair hits my skin and he realizes. He shakes his head so more drops of water fall on me, causing me to pull his hair.

"I almost killed you darling." He mumbles in my neck before rolling off me and lying beside me.

"I know." I flash him a grin.

I got up and pulled Vincent up as well. He rubbed his eyes as he sat on the bed, wondering why I woke him up right now. His eyes land on the box and the corners of his mouth lift up into the lovely smile.

"You said nothing big so just a little celebration between us. That's okay?" I confirm.

He nods and does the honours of opening the box and checking the message inside. He looks over them and his mouth forms into a lopsided grin. I take a seat on the floor and pull him down to sit beside me.

I take a spoonful and shove it into his mouth as a congratulations

I take a spoonful and shove it into his mouth as a congratulations. He slightly chokes making me panic but turns out he was faking it to scare me. I took some frosting from the cake and smeared it on his face.

Vincent said it wasn't a big deal but to me it was. He was officially the don of the Italian mafia. Leo stepped down, saying he was getting old and that Vincent deserved this. Leo was right, Vincent did deserve this.

Two leaders of rival mafia's were eating cake at 2 in the morning. Cool.

My eyes landed on his shoulder, where we played that Tic Tac Toe game all those weeks ago. The game was still there and looked like it had been drawn again. My eyebrows furrow in further confusion when I see what I wrote on his arm is also still there.

'Oriya was here :)'

It's slightly darker than the last time I remember it. I tilt my head,

"Why is the writing and game still there Vince?"

His eyes widen for a split second before they go back to his usual face,

"It won't wash off. I don't know." He shrugs.