14. apology

Chapter 14

Oriya Deronte

I woke up and I was still on the couch but neither Sarah, Ryder or Vincent were with me. I fully opened my eyes and a neon green paper was blocking my vision. I pulled it off my forehead, and saw it was a sticky note.

I put them in their beds. Inform me when you're up, I need to talk about Antonio.

Laurent.

Making my way to my room, I ran into Sienna, "Hey, did you hear them last night?" I asked.

"Yeah but I bought ear plugs the first day they even met. I saw this coming." She said.

My best friend is a fucking genius.

"Smart. I'm going to shower and all that, later." I said, walking past here. I made a mental note to invest in ear plugs.

I stepped out of my room and stood in front of Vincent's. I should knock. It is his room. His private space. It would be horrible of me to invade it.

Well, I never said I was an angel.

I kicked the door open for the second time in two days and walked in. Vincent immediately jumped for his gun, but realized it was me and just rolled his eyes and sat back down on his bed.

"What does my door have against you?" He grumbled.

"It's your door. That's what." I smiled, "You said you wanted to speak about Antonio?" I said, getting serious. I grabbed his chair and turned it so the back of it faced me and sat down with my legs on both sides.

"Yes, I think we should send a little warning. Just so he knows what he's getting himself into." He said with his elbows on his knees.

"Agreed, what type of warning do you want to send? Bomb something?" I tilted my head.

"We did some digging and found out his wife goes to the mall with her friends and no guards on Saturday. We could -"

"No." I rejected immediately. We had problems with Antonio, not his family. I hate him with all I have but his family has nothing to do with this. He had children. I refuse for his children to be without a mother because their father made bad choices. I refuse for those children to feel how I did. 

Tears threatened to fall out my eyes at the thought of what happened to my mother but I blinked them away. I couldn't cry in front of someone. Father had told me that was weak.

"Why the fuck not? You didn't even fully hear me out."  He said.

"I don't need to either. His family won't be involved unless he tries to hurt mine or yours. His family has nothing to do with this, it would be unfair to punish them because Antonio's a fucking bitch." I explained.

"So we wait until someone's hurt. Real fucking smart." Vincent said sarcastically, nodding and pursing his lips.

"No you fucking idiot. I said tries. Trust me when I say now that I'm aware of everything, none of my family will be touched." I said.

"This is the fucking mafia Oriya. There is no unfair or fair, you do whatever the fuck you need to protect your mafia." He said in a deadly tone.

"I don't care." I said standing up.

"Your mom raised a soft bitch." He muttered.

My movements froze. My breathing became heavy and my chest filled with rage. Fuck this damn truce. I picked up the chair and broke it on his head.

I had just gotten out of the shower and my gun and knives were still in my room. I saw his black knives on his dresser, I picked one up and held it to his throat applying pressure until I saw red seeping out. I tilted his head up by pulling his hair back and got down till I was eye to eye level with him.