12. sticky note apology

Chapter 12

Oriya Deronte

I woke up to the sun blinding my eyes. I pulled my blanket over my eyes, just to have them pulled off by Sienna and Kena seconds later.

"Everyone is gathered at the patio. Hurry up and get dressed. It's important, they said." Kena rushes out her mouth.

"Oh god, Lucas will be there and I'm dressed like this. I'm going to change. Bye!" She says all in one breath. I didn't even say a word to her before she ran out of my room. Seems like Lucas and Kena really talked last night.

"I swear, she's in love with him." I said tiredly.

"Tell me about it," Sienna laughed. "She's right though, get dressed." She said as she walked towards my door and out my room.

"Oh! And there's something on the kitchen island for you, check it out!" She called out from the hallway outside my room.

"Mhm will do!" I yelled back and made my way to the bathroom. Today, I decided to wash my hair, so I ended up spending more time in the shower than usual. My outfit today was casual since I wasn't planning to do much today. I wore khaki cargo jeans, and a tight fitted black long sleeve shirt. I topped it off with some rings and necklaces.

I grabbed my phone and walked into the elevator. Might as well put this bitch to use. The doors opened and I walked into the living room and to the kitchen to make myself an iced coffee. Remembering what Sienna told me, I looked at the kitchen island.

There was a cup of iced coffee with a sticky note next to it. I recognize the handwriting. Not sure who it was from, but I know I've seen it before.

My bad about yesterday. I realized why you were so mad. If it makes you feel any better, I had to listen to your monstrous snores.

Laurent.

Was this Vincent's form of an apology? Just by this I could the man had rarely ever apologized in his entire fucking life. I was going to throw the sticky note away, but just to spite him I stuck it to the cup and made my way to the patio.

"I heard we had something to discuss?" I asked, taking a sip of the beverage in my hand. I purposely held it so that Vincent could see the sticky note.

Vincent's eyes landed on the note, and his face turned into a scowl. "Told you she would let it get to her head." He muttered.

"Hm? What was that?" I urged him as I set the cup down.

"Nothing." He said, looking away.

"So, you guys needed to talk?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's about our guy." Theo said as he typed on his laptop.

"Did you guys check who you got the letter from?" Lucas asked.

"Father said it was left at his office." I answered.

"Guards must have seen something." Sienna said, her eyes on Theo's laptop pointing at god knows what.

"I doubt it, someone would have come forward by now." I shrugged.

We could've known who the person dropping off the letter was, if they dropped it off anywhere else. The floor with my family's bedrooms and my fathers office was the only floor in the whole house with no camera.

"Maybe it's a mole?" Theo suggested.

"Could be. That would explain how they got into the house and were able to take a picture." I nodded my head.

"There's a mole in both our mafia's then I guess." Vincent said as his jaw clenched.

"I guess." I said, raising my eyebrows as I picked up my coffee.