58. family

Chapter 58

Oriya Deronte

Something cold and wet hits my face and my eyes open in a jolt. As I peel my eyes open, I'm greeted with Leo's face with a sinister smile plastered on it. In his hands is a bucket that was filled with the water he had just spilled on me.

"I literally just washed my hair, asshole." I scowl at him.

I guess he had some more water remaining in the bucket because he splashed some more water on me. I shake my head, trying to get the water off my face. As I opened my eyes again I saw Leo grinning, ear to ear.

"Oops." He snickers.

"Bitch." I mutter under my breath. I take this chance to look around my surroundings. It's a building made of purely wood, which explains the little waves of chills I feel on my skin. There were cracks in the place and the wind was coming through.

If I really wanted, I'm sure I would be able to make it out of here alive. But I couldn't risk it right now. Leo knows what's important to me and the thought of him going after them for what I did is unbearable.

"How long are you going to keep me here? I have other plans, y'know?" I ask.

"Shut up, bitch." Leo says.

"Talking to yourself?" I smile as I watch his face turn red in anger.

Making men mad. Oh what a delight.

Leo turned arounds to face me and stalked towards me with full steps. He leaned down until we met eye to eye, "I'd watch what I say if I were you, your little bitches aren't here to help you anymore." He sneers.

The next thing he feels is my spit, dripping down his face, "I'm not scared of you. Do your worst."

I assumed he didn't take my response very nicely and got quite offended because the next thing I feel is my cheek burning as he had just struck me across the face. My cheek stings but I don't dare let it show.

"Bring them in." Leo says, talking to his guards.

My eyebrows furrow, "Bring who-" My voice dies in my throat as I look over to where Leo motioned towards. It's two of his men with masks covering their face, dragging another man to where I am with his arms. The man is unconscious.

This wouldn't usually stress me out but this time it does. It does because the man they're bringing towards me has jet black hair, with one strand that had fallen out which now lays on his forehead.

Leo notices my pale look and chuckles, "I told you to watch your mouth, didn't I?"

I ignored him as the only thing I can focus on is the fact that Vincent's not awake. He's not awake and I don't know if he's breathing either. "Leo, what the fuck did you do to him?" I hiss, tugging on the ropes.

"He's breathing, relax. But just so you know, I can change that." He warns me.

He stalks over to the guards and whispers some things to them. The next thing I know, there is another chair placed in front of me and they tie up Vincent on that who is still unconscious. But thankfully, I can now see his chest move up and down, meaning he's breathing.

Two other masked guards walk in, holding a woman by her arms who I cannot see, nor do I think I've met her. She doesn't look familiar but I haven't looked at her closely to know. They bring her forward and put her in a chair near me and begin tying her up. She's breathing.

I noticed her clothes. They're baggy and ripped up in some spots. All the skin that I could see of hers was dirty like she had been on the ground.

Although I knew there was another life at risk, I couldn't pull my eyes away from Vincent right now. He is the only thing that matters to me right now. He's the only thing I can get my mind to focus on right now.