49. snoop dogg

Chapter 49

Oriya Deronte

I twirl the USB in my hand, thinking about destroying it and concealing what's inside forever or letting the universe decide if Vincent finds out or not. A part of me knew he deserved to know but I also knew this is how it was supposed to be. He wasn't supposed to know.

I tucked the USB under the mattress and made my way into the living room as if the USB didn't even exist. 'I did what I was told.' I chant in my head. I keep telling myself this but do I really believe it?

This pretty little lie could cost me Vincent but I knew I had no choice.

I find Vincent in the living room, wearing his sweats and no shirt. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion for a minute, wondering how he got those but then I remembered that Lucas and Theo came today. They probably dropped it off.

I clear my throat, getting his attention and he lazily looks over to see who interrupted his peace. He does a double take as he realizes it was me and motions for me to come closer. I hiss as I take a seat on his lap and he notices,

"What's wrong?" He raises an eyebrow.

"You fucking played drums on my ass." I mumble in his neck.

His chest shakes and laughter erupts from his mouth and he rubs my sore ass, soothing it, "I'm sorry."

I pull back from him almost immediately. This is not Vincent. My Vincent would not laugh and apologize. He would smack down on it again to make it worse. He pouts at the last contact and tries to pull me closer to him again. I scramble away again.

"Who the fuck are you?" I shriek.

"Babeee," Vincent draws out, "It's just me." He smiles.

Dear lord, someone must have done something terrible to him. I hold his head between my hands and check for any injuries. My eyes catch a blue paper stuck to the fridge and I get out of Vincent's grip to read the words written on it.

Sooooo, he ate the weed brownies I made for my friend. Don't kill me. I love you.

Sienna W.

I turn around and jump when I see Vincent planted directly behind me. He wraps his arms around me and buries his face in my neck mumbling something about needing a leash on me to keep track of where I am.

He pulls back from me and squishes my face between his hands, "Want to hear a secret?"

"Yeth." I say, my voice muffled because of his actions.

"I am Snoop Dogg." He whispers secretly as if anyone else is in the room.

I blink, trying to keep in my laughter, "Okay Vince." I said as I squished his face in my hands.

I needed to get him sober before Ryder came here. I hadn't spent much time with Ryder with the whole Angelo thing going on so I decided to take him out for a day like I used to before this all happened.

The clock read 10am and they were supposed to come at 11:00am. I look at Vincent with determination written all over my face, "We're goingth to geth you shober baybe."

It didn't sound as cool with the way he was squishing my face but who cares.

"I belieth in you." He nods, mirroring my determined face.

I sit in front of him as he chews some black peppercorn, "Is it working?"

"Snoop Dogg lyrics aren't playing in my head anymore, yes it is." He said.