PT1 - Daniel Ricciardo

It was the last evening Daniel and you would share together. He had been living at your place for a week due to him moving apartments. You both had been working a lot throughout the week, but today was an evening off and you decided to spend it by doing a movie marathon. You had surprised him with his favourite beer at the beginning of the week, so you were putting that on the table along with your own drink and some snacks. You were already in some biker shorts with one of Daniels T-shirts, loving how they were too big on you. He was in the shower after getting back from his evening run, so you were just waiting for him to join you. You had agreed that you would start with an action movie, because Daniel likes those, then watch a comedy, because you both like those and to end it, a romantic one because that is your favourite genre. You make yourself comfortable on your couch, putting a blanket over your legs. It's not even cold, but it's just nice to snuggle with a blanket. Daniel always makes fun of that, but the minute he sits down he wants to snuggle up as well.

You've known each other for years now. Accidently bumping into him on a hike in Australia, chatting a bit and realising you both live in Monaco. You quickly became good friends, talking about anything and everything. You both have the same kind of humour, and when you're in a mood you will end up with belly pain from laughing so hard. It would be the biggest lie ever if you said you didn't have a crush on him. Everything he does, he does it with so much determination. It's sexy to see him passionate about things, and sometimes you need to snap out of the adoration you have for him. You've never acted on it though, it's been difficult not to, especially when you joined him for his visit home a year ago. A month together in a foreign country was not good for your heart, but you ended up having the best time ever. Sometimes you feel like he would want to be more than just friends as well, but he never acted on it, so you stopped getting your hopes up.

While waiting for Daniel to get out of the shower, you think about all the fun things you've done with him over the years. Even with his busy schedule he tries his hardest to see you or talk to you. Whenever you're sad he's there with cuddles, long walks, and advice if you want it. He's so smiley all the time, but he of course also has moments where things don't go the way he wants them to, and it can get frustrating or upsetting. It's nice to be able to talk about everything with him. You're both not judgemental people, and it is so much easier to explain how you feel about something without having to try and justify why it makes you feel like that. When you think about all the amazing sides of him, it's hard to know that you'll be introduced as "Daniels's friend" all the time, instead of "Daniel's girlfriend".

"Alrighty, I'm ready, can I get anything from the kitchen, or did you get everything already?" you hear Daniel ask. "No, I've got everything here, you can come sit Dan"

You look up when he walks into the living room, and you can't help but stare at him. His curly hair is still a little bit damp from the shower, and he's wearing one of his shirts from his Enchanté collection, with the matching shorts underneath. Your eyes start at his legs, seeing how the sun had done them well, and you can't help but stare a little longer at the thigh tattoo. While you're admiring his great physique, you don't notice Daniel staring at you just as intensely. He has always had feelings for you, but never thought you'd actually reciprocate them. He's not so sure now though, seeing you stare at him like that. You're rudely interrupted from your daydream when Daniel clears his throat. You look up at him, and you both swallow while looking into each other's eyes.

You smile and pat the spot next to you. Daniel sits down and immediately tugs the blanket over his legs as well. You chuckle and shake your head, "really Dan? Can't you grab your own blanket? I've got around a million here"

"No, I want to share it with you" he smiles. You blush and look away. "I thought we could watch Now You See Me? I love those movies" you tell him. He nods excitedly.

"I'm not sure I've seen it before but if you like it, it will be good!" you smile at him and start the movie. Halfway through the first movie you snuggle closer to Daniel, putting your legs on one side of the couch and laying your head on his shoulder. He starts playing with your hair, which makes you sigh happily. He doesn't say anything, but you can feel him smile. After finishing the first movie, with Daniel gushing about how awesome it was and how badly he wants to see PT2, you decide that instead of a comedy you'll watch the second movie as well. "Afterwards we will watch a romcom, okay?" he asks. You nod, "you do realize that I love these movies, right? It is not punishment to watch the second one now."

He gets up to get himself another beer and iced tea green for you. It's quite funny that you and Daniel got so close, him enjoying his alcoholic beverages while you never drink. At the beginning stage of your friendship you were slightly worried that he might get annoyed that you don't share that passion, but that hasn't been the case at all. When he gets back you make yourself comfortable against his chest, and Daniel wraps his arm around your waist. While watching, he traces tiny circles on your hip, which makes you lose focus every once in a while. Luckily for you, you already saw this movie.

After finishing the second one as well, you look through Netflix for a romantic movie. Daniel gives you all freedom, he's still hyped from the last two movies and already texted Max that he needs to watch these so they can hype together. You finally decide on Eat, Pray, Love. You adore Julia Roberts, and the countries the movie is filmed in are gorgeous. After going to the toilet and grabbing a glass of water, you join Daniel on the couch again. He smiles lazily at you, you can see that he's getting sleepy, and he looks adorable. When you take your spot close to him again, he wraps his arm around you again and gives you a kiss on your head. "Nights like this with you are my favourite, did you know that?" he murmurs. You blush and shake your head, looking up at him with a huge smile. Daniel can't help but mirror your expression, seeing you so relaxed and happy is his favourite thing in the world. You start up the movie, snuggling closer to him, and sigh contently. His hand is tracing circles on your hip again, and with the romantic movie on, you can't help but let your mind wander. How good of a boyfriend would Daniel be to you? You try to focus on the movie, but it doesn't really help. Instead, you cuddle closer to him, enjoying the warmth that spreads through your body every time he squeezes you, or gives you a kiss on your head.

After finishing the third movie, your heart is positively aching from the love you feel for Daniel. You go to the kitchen to put the glasses and bowls in the dishwasher, needing a moment to yourself before you both go to bed. He has been sleeping next to you all week, and you were able to handle it because you went to bed at different times. You were usually finishing up some things for work, and Daniel would go to bed early because he had to wake up early every morning. This was the first night you would actually go to bed at the same time, and it freaked you out now that you were feeling like this around him. You sigh softly getting yourself together and ready to walk to the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. When you turn around, you're met with Daniel who is staring at you intensely. You cock your head sideways, wondering why he's looking at you like that.

With three big steps he's right in front of you, and you gulp nervously. "W-what are you doing?" you ask softly, staring into his brown eyes. "Something I've been wanting to do for years," before you can ask what he means, he ducks down to connect your lips for a soft kiss. You whimper softly, having an inner battle with yourself. You softly push him away.

"Don't kiss me when you're tipsy Dan, I don't want you to do something like that when you're not fully sober." He pouts but nods, "alright, I'll do it tomorrow when I'm sober then" he smiles with a wink before turning around and walking towards the bedroom to brush his teeth. You put your hand on your heart, which is beating like crazy. 'Do not get your hopes up Nell, he might be joking, you honestly never know with this guy'

After washing your face and brushing your teeth, you braid your blonde hair and walk into the bedroom. Daniel is laying on his side already, replying to some messages and scrolling through IG. "I'm not setting an alarm tomorrow, Michael allowed me to sleep in because it's also moving day tomorrow, so I can train in the evening when the gym room is finished." You smile and nod at him, liking the idea of having an uninterrupted night next to Daniel. You put your phone on the charger and slide under the covers. Daniel's body heat has warmed up the bed already, and you sigh happily. He also puts his phone on the nightstand and shuffles closer to you. Your breath hitches in your throat when you feel him breath on your neck. "Can I hold you tonight?" Not trusting your voice, you nod. He wraps his arms around you, pulling you against his chest. He presses a kiss on your shoulder and in your hair, and you hum. You can feel him smile against you, and you can't help but smile as well. 'This is what dating Dan would be like' you think before drifting off to sleep.