Chapter 6

A few weeks had passed since Kaze got introduced to Shiro.

Within that time period, Kaze had gotten to be a little more familiar with Shiro as well as Lunaria. Not only that, but Lunaria's three friends had also became close friends with Kaze. While they did not necessarily talk to him as much as Lunaria would, they were still friendly enough that they would randomly talk with him.

Even though Kaze had made significant improvements with his newfound group of friends, nothing had progressed with him and his classmates. While Kaze could have tried to approach them, he made the conscious choice not to other than during class activities and such. It wasn't like his classmates hated him, but they weren't that friendly with him. As such, it didn't create a toxic environment but rather became somewhat of a boring time in class.

Still, that didn't bother Kaze at all because he could always count on Lunaria to be his partner for the day, be it eating, studying, or just plain talking. It helped that Lunaria could choose who she wanted to hang out with most of the time due to her authority as a foreign princess, so she made time for Kaze daily. Perhaps she still did feel bad about Shiro biting his hand, but it was clear that both held good consideration for one another.

Today was the day where monthly tests would be conducted on students. Other than reading and writing within the boundaries of the classrooms, physical examination would be made on students by their teacher to see if they had kept up with training. As such, it didn't matter if one was weak against another student in physical combat, since they only had to show what that had been taught during class to score points. Of course, winning against another classmate would give one more points, but it was not enough to drastically change one's grades. Furthermore, magic tests would be judged based on one's affinity towards certain aspects.

Needless to say, it was a very complicated system but made easy with the help of magic. Teachers only needed to record down the marks and allow the pre-programmed system to do the tallying of marks before individually graded. The final results would then be double-checked by the class teacher and then told to the students. Since it was only a monthly test, it didn't count towards the final examination but served strongly as a reminder to both students and teachers on what they needed to work with.

"How did you do?" Rena asked Kaze. "I don't think you performed well, considering how you look right now."

"I don't really care. I didn't come last, so that's a relief," Kaze sighed, taking back his student report from the elf's hands. "I just need to work harder, that's all."

"Your physical tests aside, it seems like you have a really bad time with the more theoretical subjects," Lunaria commented carefully after she had examined his grades. "Do you need help? I can tutor you."

"Please do," Kaze grabbed Lunaria's hands in plea. "I'm already starting to get lost."

"What are you weak in? Exams here function differently than Aravel's, so it is hard to know how to teach you without me knowing what you are bad at," Lunaria nodded, taking out her notebook to make some notes on Kaze. "We will meet up in the library later today, okay? Yuuji, do you want to join us?"

"I'm fine without tuition, but thank you for the offer," Yuuji smirked at Kaze. "This is coming from someone who topped in class, so take my advice Kaze: just have Lunaria tutor you in everything, whether or not you got average or bad marks."

"I'm pretty sure she plans to, whether Kaze likes it or not," Shoko giggled as Kaze started to turn pale. "Don't worry, Lunaria isn't a monster. She is a pretty good teacher and an even better student. Wait till the first term exams come, I bet you will see Lunaria's name in the top 5."