Chapter 74

Kaze came to shortly after blacking out and found himself in some sort of subspace. Looking around himself, it felt as though he was surrounded by the night sky. Countless stars pierced through the lonely darkness and lit up his surroundings along with the vibrant streaks of purple and pink that helped colour the universe.

"You're awake."

In response to the voice, Kaze twisted his body around to see a female floating mid-air. To be precise, they were both 'floating' since Kaze was literally standing in a space without a platform with his legs, but the female was floating without her legs touching the floor. As if sitting on an invisible chair, the female smiled warmly at Kaze.

"I hope this wasn't too much of a shock for you."

"W-Where are we?"

"In your consciousness... or something like that. Basically, your body is still physically at Aravel's palace."

"Ah! That was you in the hallway and back at the cathedral!"

Nodding with a knowing smile, the female simply giggled at Kaze's outcry.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Goddess Tiel. Pleased to meet you, Kaze."

"... No way... you're telling me you're Goddess Tiel?"

"Do you not believe me?"

"I don't think anyone can easily believe if you suddenly told someone that you are a goddess, much less THE Goddess Tiel."

"That is true. Then how do you explain the dimension we are in?"

"T-This could just be an illusion or a mind trick that you trapped me in. I don't know, please prove to me that you aren't lying."

"Hm, would this suffice then?"

Goddess Tiel 'got up' and walked towards Kaze. In response, Kaze focused on how the female looked along with her attire. Certainly, she had a sort of aura around her that made Kaze feel like she was no ordinary person, especially combined with the drapes she wore around her body. With the white drape acting as a cape that wrapped around her body, the occasional flutter her drapes made as she walked revealed a sort of armour underneath that Kaze had never seen before. Even calling it an armour was inaccurate, since that was just what it looked like, but it didn't feel the same.

"Kaze, you are a devotee of Goddess Tiel, right? Do you perhaps not know how I look like?" The female stopped in front of him and asked him a question.

"I am, but we have never been thought how exactly the gods and goddesses look like. It would be absurd to think the mortals could be able to meet a god after all," Kaze answered honestly and shook his head.

"Then how familiar are you with the scripture and doctrines?"

"Fairly...? I grew up in an orphanage which taught us the doctrine itself on a daily basis."

"Alright. Based on your knowledge, give me a way for me to prove that I'm not a fraud."

"... That means any text from the scriptures itself wouldn't do as knowledge can be learnt by anyone. Would I have to request for a demonstration of your powers?"

"I'm fine with that."

With a sigh, Kaze thought about it in silent before continuing to speak.

"Goddess Tiel was said to be able to provide a blessing along with Goddess Artemis during the Moon Festival that just passed. If you want me to believe that you are truly Goddess Tiel, please show me you can provide a blessing this instance."

"Oya? But I believe you would know that blessings rarely occur, even during an event as big as the Moon Festival? Why are you trying to make me give you a blessing?"