Chapter 24

The results of the examination were soon announced.

Due to the interference of the centipede monster, the exam was forced to cancel midway through. However, it wasn't like they could simply give marks to the students based off estimation since the individual examination was used for that reason. This problem was even more so prominent considering that people who helped to take down the centipede were not properly rewarded after risking their lives.

As such, it was decided that all students who were involved in the battle would be given 50 points additionally to their scores after the examination had stopped. For special individuals like Lunaria and Yuuji, there were given an addition of 100 points. Only Kaze got 200 points, but of course this wasn't publicly announced since the public never acknowledged him as one of the few who fought with them.

In the end, the 200 points was barely able to save Kaze and allowed him to get somewhere around 650 points. It was enough to appear on the invisible ranking board, but not enough to get people to notice him since normally people would only look at the top. Needless to say, Lunaria became the most outstanding individual along with some of their friends. Achieving an astonishing 1250 points on her own, she was definitely the top-scorer even without the bonus points.

Following this was the announcement of the first semester exam results after school reopened. As expected, Lunaria topped the entire school with her own abilities. It wasn't just the individual examination that proved her abilities, but the entire exam itself. She easily shot through the rankings to the first rank of both the invisible scoreboard and the official scoreboard.

As for Kaze, he somehow barely managed to achieve the score threshold that Lunaria had set up for him. It wasn't an easy task with all the hard work he had to put in, but at least it was worth it in the end. Lunaria still wanted him to get an average of 85 for the GPA (grades per average) and this was a long progress for Kaze. Still, she showed much satisfaction from his improvement compared to the first few months.

The incident of the centipede came to a closing too, with not much information being released to the public. All that was said was there was an irregularity that had not been previously detected, shifting the blame away from the school itself. Since there didn't seem to be much more than was known about the irregularity other than possible theories, people quickly forgot about the incident a few weeks later.

In the next few weeks, the group continued studying and living together without much hassle. Occasionally, Lunatea would show up to greet her sister and mixed with the group for a bit before leaving the next day. As such, it resulted in quite a few humorous scenarios that were unintentional. One example was when Lunatea found Kaze snuggling into Lunaria's chest, but in reality was just him falling asleep accidentally while being tutored late into the night.

For Lunatea, it was rare to see her sister being so considerate to someone she considered a 'good friend'. She had her doubts before, but reaffirmed that she was willing to trust her sister more than she did herself. Lunaria wasn't the type to simply make judgements, hence why she trusted Kaze too.

Just like that, the months peacefully passed until it was the middle of the year.

Like any other day, Kaze started his morning training before the sun was up. Sometimes, Sera or Rena would be there to join him but today it was just him alone.

After a few weeks of training, Kaze felt like he was starting to get used to the sword that was given to him by the King. It wasn't the best compared to his previous sword, but it was something he could go all-out on with pure magic. He still had to be careful with the output itself as no metal was able to full withstand the concentration of mana, but could gather more than usual.