Chapter 99

If anyone were to ask Kaze the reason he chose to study at Czech's First Institute over any other schools in the world, he would have said that he had no idea what other schools there were in the first place.

In the first place, Kaze didn't have the thought to go to Tristania if it wasn't for his grandfather's suggestion to see the world. He probably would have been content living in the countryside he grew up in. As an orphan, he had no dream of his or any aspiration that someone exposed to the world would, other than to live together with his friends and grow up to be someone dependable.

Everything changed when he came to Tristania. From meeting Lunaria to getting exposed with so many things he hadn't seen in the countryside, living in a city was a treat of itself. Besides the two unfortunate events that took place, being the centipede and devil attack, it could be concluded that Kaze had a rather pleasant time making friends and studying. It was also attributed to the fact that this was all set up by his grandfather, a beneficiary and family to Kaze.

Being rejected from the school he studied was equivalent to rejecting his mission for going to Tristania in the first place. Not only was it a very stupid and unfathomable decision by the school, but it also made Kaze an outcast. Having his entire record abolished meant that there would be no supporting documents to help him transfer school or study in a different place. It was essentially saying that he hadn't been to Tristania at all and could be treated as an outsider. The extent to which his personal records were gone was not clarified in the letter, but it was potentially possible that they would even go as far as blacklist him and make him a criminal.

Upon reading the entire outline of the letter, Kaze had to read and reread it three times before the content was finally understood. It wasn't a matter of how the letter was written or the language used: it was out of shock, confusion, panic and anger.

Just when he thought he could trust in Lunaria's decision to return to Tristania, the 'humans' crushed that hope in an instant.

Kaze collapsed onto his knees as they lost the strength to support him, bringing Lunaria down to the floor with him. Even then, Lunaria just buried herself deeper into his chest and weeped, feeling sorry for him. She must have tried her hardest to bargain with her father and mother regarding this issue, whether it be sending a letter of condemnation or requesting this decision to be taken back. As a foreign nation, their intervention was only limited so much, especially when the request was concerning someone not even closely related to them on paper.

"K-Kaze... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Lunaria cried, moaning her apology over and over again.

Gradually, his clothes became stained with Lunaria's tears due to how hard she cried. It was the least of the things that fazed him, considering that he now had no records of ever schooling in Czech combined with how he was treated like a terrorist of sort. How in the world was it possible for things to develop so badly all of a sudden? Kaze had no idea, just like how he was now essentially an outcast.

"Lunaria... you don't have to apologise," Kaze found the strength to spoke and addressed his lover. "It wasn't your fault."

"I-It was because I went on a rampage t-that allowed things to d-develop this way..." Lunaria sniffed, shaking her head violently in denial. "I-If only I hadn't gone to Czech..."

"Hey, hey! Don't think that way," Kaze shook her shoulders, bringing her to attention as she shakily looked up at him. "I don't regret a single thing I did, nor do I blame you for my expulsion. If anything, I am grateful that you tried your hardest to fight for me, even when you could just comfortably live your life as usual and dismissed my situation. For that, I am once again convinced that you are my partner, Lunaria. I love you, I truly do."