Chapter 29

Lunaria, who sensed the magical signatures of several dragonkins entering the city, froze up. She certainly didn't expect to be recognising these magical signatures so early on, especially when she had just left home. In dragonkin terms, 6 months wasn't as long but it seemed like her family was here for the Moon Festival.

For Lunaria, who had no idea of this, it was like a bolt from the blue.

"Lunaria?" Kaze realized that Lunaria was staring into the sky. "Something wrong?"

"... I will be back," Lunaria muttered and teleported away.

When she reappeared, she was at the city centre where most of the activity commonly happened. From there, she jumped into the air and spread her wings, allowing her to quickly arrive where she felt the magical signature. Tristania itself was big enough, so flying was the fastest way to get around the place.

Sure enough, she saw two carriages that was obviously made of Aravelean technology moving along the streets while being surrounded by both dragonkin and human soldiers. Widening her eyes as she was able to determine the magical signatures as her family correctly, she swooped right in.

"Now... where was I?" Ethan rubbed his head gently. "This is a pretty fancy carriage you have."

"Thank you for the praise. It is the hard work of our citizens," Reginsleif accepted the praise happily.

Right now, Ethan was in the carriage with the two rulers of Aravel. The carriage was led by a few dragonkin soldiers, who were following the route directed by the other human soldiers so they could meet at the palace first. Since they couldn't allow the wyverns in the city, this was the only option.

Now that he was sitting opposite of Reginsleif and Laevia, Ethan was able to feel just how much power the two had. From sensing their magic capacity alone, Ethan knew instantly he would lose in a fight against them no matter how much he prepared.

They might have been rulers for centuries now, but that did not mean their fighting sense from back in the days had dulled. In fact, it had only gotten more refined based on Ethan's guess. The muscular figure that Reginsleif had might have been blocked by his official clothing, but there was no hiding from a master swordsman like Ethan.

As fellow rulers of different nations, it was clear that the difference between them was colossal. Ethan's mind flashed back to records of the old days when his father was still King of the nation itself. What that happened from the treaty between the two nations was something that deeply scarred Czech since it was their fault for causing all the uprising that happened. Ethan knew very well it was all the humans' fault, something that wasn't mentioned in history unfortunately. Due to political reasonings and all, it was covered up and the incident quickly disappeared.

Based on Reginsleif's reaction right now, he didn't seem to care about the past incident since nearly half a century had gone by since that point. Knowing there was a new ruler now, Reginsleif wanted to start on clean terms again, something Ethan was glad of.

"... Hm?" Laevia raised an eyebrow at this and glanced out the tinted window of the carriage. "Dear, please ask the carriage to stop."

"Alright," Reginsleif used telepathy to convert his thoughts, causing both carriages to come to a halt. "What's wrong? ... Oh."

Ethan looked at the two back and forth politely, secretly wondering to himself for their reason of stopping. Turning to his magical senses, Ethan tried to see if there was anything weird around them, but nothing came up. Instead, the two rulers left the carriage after it stopped. Ethan followed them and saw a familiar dragonkin swooping in from above, causing him to smile.