Chapter 75

Lunaria was lying on her bed with a book in hand when Kaze came into the room. Looking up from the page she was on to greet him, her smile was quickly replaced with a curious tilt of her head when Kaze looked dazed.

"Kaze? How was the talk?"

"... L-Lunaria..."

"Yes?"

For the next 20 minutes or so, Lunaria listened to Kaze's explanation about everything that happened, from the talk with her parents to meeting Goddess Tiel. Throughout his explanation, Lunaria remained silent with a serious expression on her face. With an occasional nod, Lunaria listened carefully to what Kaze had to say, knowing that he wouldn't make such an elaborate prank on her.

After he was done, Lunaria took a sip of water from the side of her bed before speaking.

"Hmm... first of all, I am not surprised that you met Goddess Tiel," Lunaria chose her words carefully. "It is sort of an open secret that mother is able to communicate with certain goddess, but I never thought that she would be regarded as a friend by Tiel-sama."

"Eh??? So you already knew?" Kaze widened his eyes.

"Yes, but not as detailed. Now that I have listened to your story, I can understand why mother kept it vague with us. In fact, this should be why mother has always been regarded as a Saint for so long," Lunaria nodded at Kaze. "Not to say that she has a lot of influence, but Tiel-sama must have intervened one way or the other. Next, I would agree that your existence being defined isn't something we should worry about. It might sound alarming, however your words on Tiel-sama's actions make sense. She also advised you that it shouldn't be something that would affect your daily activities. Leaving that aside, we can look at your experience with Tiel-sama being a fulfilling one. Maintaining a special sort of relationship with a goddess of all people... treasure this experience, Kaze."

Sighing, Lunaria floated her book back to the bookshelf and held his hands. Kaze sat right opposite her on the bed, allowing her to hold both of his hands while they talked.

"Back to the main topic about my parents, can I reconfirm again that the decision to get engaged is our decision?"

"Yes, Laevia-sama reaffirmed her and her husband's stance clearly."

"Alright. Then, I would want us to continue remaining lovers as of now."

"Tiel-sama did predict you would reject the suggestion."

"Tiel-sama's words or not, I have my reasons for disagreeing with mother. I can see where mother is coming from, proposing the benefits that would come with us getting engaged. However, more detriments would arise if our engagement was made public in Czech. Having a relationship together with me is already something we have to look out for; an engagement would result in something even worse."

"Oh man, I don't want to think about the reaction of the students..."

"Hehe, neither can I. What I am concerned is if you would become a political tool after our engagement is acknowledged. While you might be a commoner, political opponents of Sir Ethan's could manipulate the situation in their favour with a trick or two. This could result in you becoming involved with something unrelated. I am a princess by birth, I can't change that I would be involved in politics, but I don't want you to suffer."

"For now, we should reject Laevia-sama's offer."

"I would agree. Besides, I don't mind us continuing to be lovers. As long as you are with me, it doesn't matter what status we have."

"Even if we aren't lovers?"

"Mou, you don't have to use my words against me like that."

With a giggle, Lunaria pulled Kaze towards her and hugged him tightly. She made sure to bury her head into the crook of his neck before leaving tiny kisses on his cheek. Smiling at this, Kaze allowed himself to fall backwards onto the comfort of the bed. Lunaria followed his motion, gently lying on top of him with her arms loosely tied to him.