Relationship Goals

🥀 WARNING - This book contains vulgar language and has themes of Arranged Relationships, Domestic Abuse, Bullying and Homophobia.🥀

This has been edited, so apologies for any weird comments that might not make sense.

\ (^-^) /

"You guys ready to get your soulmarks?" Rantaro Amami asked his best friends through a mouthful of chicken and rice.

"I can't wait, I want it to happen now!" Shuichi Saihara's excited, bouncy attitude diminished when he saw Kokichi Ouma chewing his thumb like he hadn't eaten for months. "Kokichi? What's wrong? You're never quiet."

"Huh?" Kokichi stared like a fish at the two before coming back to reality. "Oh, I just didn't care about what you were talking about. Soulmates are boring." He sighed dramatically.

Soulmates weren't boring to the purplette though, he was only pretending like usual. Class 53 of Hope's Peak Academy for Gifted Juveniles were due for their soulmark ceremony tomorrow. Students in particular grades were given a special medication that allowed a mark to appear permanently on their bodies. The black marks related to the person's soulmate and turned white when the two soulmates physically touched each other.

"Hah, I'd be surprised if you even got a soulmate." Kokichi looked up to see Kaito Momota, a kid who he loved to tease only because Kaito tormented him. Next to him was Maki Harukawa, an outwardly emotionless girl whose only soft spot was her boyfriend, Momota. The only reason Kokichi hadn't tried to kill the two was that Shuichi would never forgive him.

"Be nice Kaito." Shuichi tried to defend Kokichi from him. He had always hated the disagreements between his best friends but understood the reason behind it. 

"Why should I be nice to a liar like him?" Momota sneered at Kokichi who stuck his tongue out in response. "Anyway, we're going to go park after school. See you there Shuichi." The two walked away, probably off to murder someone, Kokichi chuckled to himself. 

"Why did you have to prank them Kokichi? Why not some random?" Rantaro sighed. At the beginning of the year, Kokichi learned of Momota's fear of the occult and supernatural (ghosts in particular) and decided to use it to his advantage. Setting up a tripwire in the classroom, he called Momota in and gave him the scare of his life. Kokichi couldn't stop there though, as he was the 'King of Pranks', so he decided to throw a water balloon at the next person to come through the door (which happened to be Harukawa). After almost being choked to death by the girl, the two victims have hated Kokichi ever since. It was a shame that they were best friends with one of Kokichi's crushes.

A siren rang throughout the school halls, causing a mass collective groan from the entire cafeteria. The three packed their containers away and stood up, Shuichi and Rantaro chatting about their soulmarks on their way to class. Kokichi lagged behind in his own world, secretly dreading the inevitable ceremony.

~💙/💜/💚~

 "Do you guys wanna come hang out with Kaito and Maki?" Shuichi invited the two friends standing in front of the school's gate with him.

"Sorry I have to teach one of my sisters to drive, she's just got her L's." Rantaro grinned like the proud older brother he was.

"Ah okay, well I hope she does well! What about you Kokichi? I know you don't exactly like them..." Shuichi rubbed the back of his neck.

"I would love to have an excuse to be around you Shu-Shu, but my parents have a business meeting I have to go to." Kokichi teased, sighing the last part of his sentence.