What's Your Motive?

After being out of hospital for a week, the last thing Kokichi wanted to do was present a science assignment in front of the class. At least all the bruises have cleared up, and no one can see the wounds. He'd been telling anyone who asked why he was away that he needed medical treatment over a small injury, which explained why he sits on the side of physical education class.

Standing from his seat, Kokichi seized some papers and made his way to the front of the class, ready to present the assignment he'd written. Little did the teacher know, Kokichi had written one sentence on one page, and the other five pages he carried were empty. Taking a deep breath, the body pretended he was readying himself to read out an extensive research paper. "This assignment is fucking bullshit. The end," he smiled.

"Watch your language Ouma." The boy's head snapped to the door to see Mrs Ludenberg standing there with a bodyguard, smiling sweetly at the students. "I apologise for the intrusion, I'm here to collect Ouma for the rest of the day." What reason could she have for pulling me from school? Does she know that Celestia and I aren't in love or something?

Kokichi stumbled towards his desk, shoving his belongings into his schoolbag and making his way towards his girlfriend's mother. He noticed a few mysterious gazes from peers but disregarded them as he left the classroom, walking through the academy with Mrs Ludenberg and her bodyguard towards the limousine lingering in front of the school. "Ma'am, can I ask what the problem is?"

"There's no problem Ouma, I'd just like to bring my daughter's boyfriend out to dinner to get to know you a bit more." The powerful woman smiled gently at the boy, slipping into the vehicle. I'm probably going to end up dead in a back alley, aren't I?

~💙/💜/💚~

"Leave your belongings in the car, you won't be needing them." Mrs Ludenberg smiled, stepping out of the vehicle with the help of her valet. Kokichi slipped out of the other side, finding himself standing before one of the fanciest, high-end restaurants in the city. Following his girlfriend's mother, the two entered the building and made their way to a podium, Kokichi zoned out as they walked to their seat.

The black and gold walls screamed affluence and snobbism, black marble floors shined under their feet. Kokichi wasn't a stranger to the wealthy life, but rarely did he get to enjoy outings with his family. Mrs Ludenberg and Kokichi entered a private room, being seated at the single table in the middle of the space. "Order whatever you'd like Ouma, this is a gift from me after all."

"Please call me Kokichi. Can I ask what this is about?" Kokichi asked whilst placing an order of the cheapest, smallest meal on the menu, a plate of pasta. Mrs Ludenberg followed suit, acknowledging Kokichi's question whilst talking to the person waiter.

"I'd only like to ask about you, and your relationship with my daughter. I believe the focus was on your parents during our first meeting. How are you and Celestia doing?"

"Great," Kokichi smiled, slightly intimidated by the woman seated before him. "We care about each other."

"All she wanted to do in the past month was see you in hospital, which I'm sorry you had to go through. I've rarely seen my darling daughter connect with someone like this before." The two continued to talk whilst they waited for their food, the woman asking simple and ordinary questions of the boy. Before long, the food arrive and Mrs Ludenberg continued her interrogation, this time as the two ate.

"Why were you so adamant to date my daughter?" Kokichi froze, blinking from confusion.

"What? With all due respect Ma'am, I didn't offer to start a relationship."

"Really? That's interesting. My husband told me that you approached him with the request to date Celestia."

Kokichi shook his head, focusing on keeping his composure. "I never approached your husband at all." Did my parents lie about the deal they made? What's the reason for Celestia's dad to lie about this? There's no point in lying to her, she'll just see me as unworthy to continue the relationship. "My parents told me that they sorted out the relationship at your and your husband's request." Mrs Ludenberg nodded, lost in thought for a moment.