We're Going Down

Much to Kokichi's horror, the family standing before him was none other than the Ludenberg's, the most famous family in the gambling world. "Ah Mr and Mrs Ludenberg, welcome! And welcome to you Miss Ludenberg." Kokichi's dad motioned for the family to enter the home, which they did. Trying to stay out of sight and out of mind, Kokichi slowly and quietly shut the door behind them as Kaho took their coats.

"How about Celestia and Master Ouma go to his room to have some alone time whilst we talk?" Mrs Ludenberg suggested, smiling at the two children in question.

"That's a great idea! Kokichi, show Miss Ludenberg to your room." Mr Ouma commanded. 

"Of course father." Kokichi smiled, slightly bowing towards Ludenberg and leading her towards the staircase leading to the basement. "Here, let me-" Ludenberg ignored the hand he offered out to her, taking lead down the stairs. Welp this marriage is going to go great. When Kokichi reached the basement, he found Ludenberg looking around the room.

"It's small." Her thick german accent pierced Kokichi's heart.

"Oh, sorry... I think it's pretty big." His room could fit approximately three super-king sized beds along each wall. 

"It is small compared to mine." Oh right, she lives in a mansion. 

"Here sit down." Kokichi made his way to his tidy, black bed and patted it, Ludenberg soon sat down, her hands folded elegantly in her lap. They shared an awkward, long silence before Ludenberg asked an odd question.

"What do you know about 'DSC'?" She looked at Kokichi, her eyes filled with... hope? Can't be, she never shows emotion. 

"Why do you wanna know?" Ludenberg shifted her dress to reveal a small tattoo on her collarbone. Her soulmark... "I'm not involved with the DSC, but I know someone who is. Someone at my school, Kyoko Kirigiri, is part of the Detective Shelf Collection." The famous gambler nodded, seeming content with his answer. "So... we're in a relationship now?"

"It seems so. Such a shame as I could never have feelings towards you." Ouch. Ludeberg seemed to pick up on how harsh she was. "Pardon moi, I just mean I am a lesbian, therefore will never love a man." Oh.

"We have something in common then. I'm gay but my parents just think girls are incapable of loving me." Kokichi swung his legs, shocked at Ludenberg's faint chuckle. "Am I right in assuming your sexuality is the reason for our arrangement?" 

"Yes." Ludenberg nodded. "They want to... how can I say this? 'De-gay' me? What's your reason if your parents are not aware?"

"They want money. I knew they were going to set me up with a wealthy girl so they can get the money but I didn't think it'd be you." The two spoke quietly from fear of their families listening in on their conversation. 

"I suppose we should set ground rules." Ludenberg's sudden accent change shocked Kokichi, but he quickly regained composure. Of course her accent is fake, my family fake their accents too when we're at the casino. "You can call me Celestia, only close and trusted friends can call me by my 'real' name so this is an honour for you." She smiled, her confidence made Kokichi feel like a lowly peasant.

"PDA is going to need to be a thing if we keep this going," Kokichi mumbled. 

"Have you kissed anyone before?" What kind of question-

"Well obviously. I'm not a virgin." He joked, taking pride in Celestia's smile.

"So let's not kiss unless we have to then, maybe if we need to prove a point or something? Until then just cheek kisses will do. I suppose I also give you permission to hold my hand or touch me, just don't startle me or touch my drills and we'll be fine."