It Comes With The Job

Books? Check. Pencilcase? Check. Phone? Check. Kokichi packed the belongings he needed into his school bag. Okay, I've got everything... Celestia should be here soon. Looking in the mirror, Kokichi adjusted his belt straps around his thighs and neatened his checkered scarf. Hope's Peak didn't have a uniform for the whole student body, so each student had their own uniform based on their ultimate ability. The Ultimate Supreme Leader's uniform resembled that of a straight jacket, which of course garnered a few rumours here and there.

Ding dong. Kokichi ran upstairs to the front door, his mother arriving immediately after him. "Answer it." She demanded. Following her lead, he swung open the door to reveal his girlfriend standing alone. Celestia wore a gothic doll style outfit with white frills and red heels. She looked stunning. 

"Hi, Celestia! Can I hug you?" Kokichi subtly nudged his head towards his mother and Celestia seemed to understand.

"Of course you can." The two shared a short, slightly awkward hug but as long as Kokichi didn't touch her hair drills, he was okay. "Are you ready to go?" 

"Oh please come in and join us for breakfast before you go to school." Mrs Ouma's sickly sweet, fake voice sang from behind him. 

"Thank you Ma'am but I've already eaten today. I'm also afraid if I stay then we both may be late for school." 

"I understand, well have fun you two!" Mrs Ouma waved the children goodbye as they walked down the long, hedge-lined driveway.

"Your uniform looks fashionable Kokichi, especially the little coloured buttons." Celestia smiled, trying to make conversation.

"Thanks! I love your uniform! That look was made for you!" Kokichi grinned back, genuinely in awe over how lovely she looked. "Anyway, how are you going to handle being the famous Celestia Ludenberg?" 

"I'm not too sure. You'll probably be famous now too since we'll be hanging around each other for at least a few days." She pointed out. "Any more questions?"

"I always have questions." Kokichi crossed his arms like a toddler. Celestia gave him a look that told him to continue. "Why do you have your soulmark? People our age are getting it today, so if you're also eighteen you shouldn't have it." 

"That's because, in Germany, you get your soulmark at sixteen. We moved here recently so I've had it for almost two years," Celestia explained. 

The couple continued to talk on their walk to school, Kokichi was mainly explaining the school rules and people to avoid. Phone camera's flashed as they reached their school, other students whispering about the famous girl being with one of the most mischievous, annoying seniors. "Teenagers can be so annoying," Kokichi mumbled, growing frustrated with the unwanted attention.

"You get used to it. Just ignore them," Celeste suggested, her head held high. They made their way to the administration office, which was right next to the school's entrance, so Celestia could receive her schedule. Kokichi took an out-of-class pass so he could show the new student around, considering he was a class counsellor and obviously knew Celestia.

"Here, let me look at your schedule." Kokichi grabbed the paper from his girlfriend and read through it, his face growing happier. "Hey! You're in most of Kirigiri's classes, remember the girl I mentioned last night?" Celestia nodded. "I'll point her out to you when I take you to class."

~💙/💜/💚~

"And that's all there is to see of the school. Do you think you'll be able to find your way around? I know it's pretty big." Kokichi held Celestia's hand as they descended the stairs, finally able to breathe now that classes were underway and the hallways were empty.