Chapter 20

(M/N)
»»————- ♡ ————-««

Ah, i feel really shitty right now.

As i traverse this quiet town of mine, my mind still wonders if i did the right thing, to quit temporarily.

It was a lie, the friend of mine needing a replacement for the leader? a big fucking lie. I don't even have friends outside volleyball.

Honestly, im a pathetic person, someone who hides between intimidating looks and explosive behaviours. Can't even control my own emotions when they get too overwhelming. Now i fucked up my relationship between the people in my circle.

I sigh deeply, my chest feeling heavy. I came across a playground, thankfully it's night time now and a convenience store is nearby, maybe i should get something to munch on or something as i ponder how im gonna spend the rest of my month.

"I don't feel like facing kita right now..."

I entered the convenience store and was greeted by a cheerful cashier, i greeted back but in a less energetic manner but nonetheless greeted him.

He wandered the shelves to look for some tuna mayo onigiri, his favorite. and maybe some drink to gulp down the feeling of throwing up while crying.

As i pay for the food, i can't help but get emotional once again. Goddammit, i made myself look like a madman infront of someone.

"i-im sorry...for crying out of the blue"

I apologized expecting the boy to ignore me and finishes the purchase.

"hey, it's fine mr! i get it, sometimes we have our days we just can't contain our emotions and we just let it all out on the spot."

He reassured me, it comforted me that someone can relate to me. the fact that he perfectly worded the my thoughts was nice.

"thank you for that, have a good night.."

i mumbled as i took the food i purchased, the cashier waved off my thanks and wished for me to heal from what ever am i feeling.

I wish it was that easy...

I found my way towards the playground, i sat at one of the swings as i begin to unwrap one of the onigiris.

As i took a bite i can't help but feel pity towards myself, like what the fuck am i doing here? why am i crying in a fucking playground while eating something?

"penny for your thoughts?"

a voice asked, i quickly set my eyes to a man about my age, he seemed like someone not from here. What the fuck.

"Excuse me?"

I tried to act tough despite my pitiful state.

"Oh sorry for acting all buddy-buddy, i just saw you crying here and i couldn't help but lend a helping hand."

he smiled, this guy has a purple hair and glasses that's befitting someone harmless, except this guy looks like he's more than what he shows.