Chapter 33

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Loss, pain, sadness, devastation are all parts of life. It's not some kind of ingredient in a food that you can just request to be taken out of when served to you or be excused because you can't handle the pressure.

It's a requirement, a part of what makes us who we are and what we become in the near future.

Losing someone you hold dear to you is no small thing, some falls into a spiraling despair as their world crumbles before their very eyes, making them unable to get back on their feet and live a useless, sad life.

Some people, tend to mourn over it for a while but move on as soon as possible, they find it convenient to stray their emotions far away from them in order to achieve their goals in life. It may sound selfish, because it is selfish.

Lastly, we have those who uses the loss they experience as a weapon instead of a hindrance to their journey in life. Albeit, sometimes it often overtakes them when making a life-changing decision.

M/n is a firm believer of, the less emotions you show the better.

I personally never had heard of it, but hey, everyone has their own philosophy or motto in life. To each their own as i would say to someone who would ask me a question that falls between morality and ethics.

He just experienced a great loss of someone, and that is his father. He may have been absent these recent years but he treasured all the moments he and his father made in the past.

It was already nightttime when he arrived at his abode, the lights are as expected, closed. He sighed as he can already feel the dread creeping up on him before he opens the door.

He opened the door like it was any other day after school practice, but this time it feels different. He felt more lonely than before, he can't ignore the aching pain in his whole body begging for him to let it out.

And so he did, he immediately broke down in his living room. He reminisced the times his father promised him he would be watching him graduate and be successful in life. He remembered every little lessons he was given by his father.

He can't help but cry harder as the thought of him never able to say 'i love you' to his father or even be by his side before his last moments alive. He felt like the world was against him, like the world favours him to be miserable, to be hurt.

He doesn't have the strength to keep a straight face, he's tired of everything. He just wants his father back, even if it's just for a minute.

"I miss my father..."

He mumbled to himself as he clutched his chest, feeling a tightness around it as he imagine his father's last moments smiling.

After a while, he finally calmed down and decided it best for him to change into something more appropriate before going to bed, although he haven't eaten dinner nor lunch was nothing to him. He was too tired emotionally and physically to care for his hunger. He could die for all he care.

He changed quickly, not even bothering to wear anything other than his boxers.

He plopped down his bed as he feel himself about to cry. He hated himself for crying, he always hated it when he shows any signs of weakness. He felt so vulnerable, he hated it.

As he cries in his blanket he can't help his tired eyelids from closing as he remembers the words of his father.

"It's fine, kiddo, whatever happens i'll always love you and your mother okay? now be a good boy and get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning."