Chapter 35

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Only by empathizing with other party's loneliness and pain, letting go of fear and defense, can we truly achieve understanding of one's friend.

Is that what you think i need?

── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

The team was invited for a meal with m/n's mother, for them, it's an honour to see the lady that gave birth to their beloved manager.

As for m/n, it's a different story.

He doesn't resent his mother, but he doesn't miss her. He worries about her, he knows how she handles herself.

He was taught to be someone who would be reliable from the moment he gained consciousness about the world around him, it was balanced by both of his parents.

His father chose to be the empathetic one, he taught him to feel. To connect with people with emotions, while his mother--- well his mother taught him that emotions is nothing but a hindrance when it comes to attaining what you want in life.

Now that his father has passed, his life seemed out of balanced, and the risk of his mother getting sick is higher than before. He knows her better than anyone else, he knows that his mother would do anything even if it means disregarding her own well being for the sake of success.

He truly believes that his mother is the same woman he knew before he was left to take care of himself.

But is she really the same as before? He asks himself as he observes how she interacts with his friends. She was gentle, kind, but her aura of being that authoritative person is still there.

"So, ms. l/n, what's it like to live here?"

"Hmm, it was rather hard at first but with, well, my husband it has been easy..."

The lively chatter turned into a sorrowful one. The sudden mention of the deceased spoiled the mood in such pace.

M/n quickly stood up, his head hanging low.

"M/n, dear, are you alright?"

He did not utter a word instead he left the dining room. Kita stood up to follow the boy but was already beaten by suna.

Once again, the dining hall was in utter silence. It was painfully awkward.

"Ever since m/n was a kid...he's always.."

Everyone looked at m/n's mother. Awaiting for her continuation of the story.

"I always taught him to be someone who can be relied by someone, and i thought at the time it was the best for him, because i'm scared that someday there's a time where me and his father wouldn't be there to support him...i was so paranoid that i didn't even thought of his well-being as a child. I regretted that i didn't get to give him what every child deserves..."

Everyone couldn't help but wonder what childhood m/n had. Although shinsuke has been his friend for a long time now, it did not equate that he was there from the very beginning, they only met when m/n's mother met shinsuke's grandmother.