Chapter 40.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Exams week had pass in inarizaki high, meaning to say the remaining school days is theirs to use where they see fit.

As for the volleyball team, they spent their last school days hanging out in the gym, throwing parties and making various parties.

Even if their captain is a stick to the rules person, he for once let loose as he was persuaded by everyone to enjoy himself.

"Here's to us for next year!"

Akagi hollered, standing up with a drink in hand proposing a cheers to everyone, to which made a very loud clanking of glass.

"Wooooh! I can't believe it's our last day as third years"

M/n sighed as he reminisced his memories for the last few months as the manager and third year.

Their happy states soon turned into a woeful looks as the realization hits them.

It's their last day....

As a team.

As a family.

They're parting ways...

A moment of silence pass the whole gym as they stare at the ground, refusing to meet each other's eyes, afraid to witness the sadness in one another's departure.

"This is it, huh?"

"Yeah..."

Atsumu was the first one to cry, running to m/n's arms.

"I'M GONNA MISS YOU M/N-SAN YOU WERE SO GOOD TO ME, I CAN NEVER BE THANKFUL ENOUGH FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE FOR ME I WISH I CAN COME WITH YOU"

"H-hey now...! stop sobbing like im dead!"

M/n calmed the boy down, his ears tinted with a reddish color.

As for the others, well, they were silently sobbing by now. Even if there were moments they hated to be in the team, the joy and experience they made was nothing more but pure precious memories.

They could never ask for more.

"You guys..."

M/n started, his head hanged low as atsumu was crying in his arms, refusing to let go.

"Stop crying...! you all are making me cry as well!"

He reasoned, looking up to his teammates who had tears in their eyes. Even kita himself was crying.

Nothing could compare from the joy he felt when he received his first jersey, and same could be said for the doleful feeling he has right now. He didn't expect to find comfort in a group of people that shared his interest in sports.

"Before we say goodbye, i think a speech from our beloved captain would be appropriate, yeah?"

M/n attempted to lighten the mood as he wipes the tears in his face, his frown was replaced with a smile. a sad one.